• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New(ish) Player

Cool,

Thank you for your input

Comment

id get a g36 if your not a massive m4/16 fan and as for the mags being too big and bulky just change the mag well for 15 quid and 5 mins of your time then you have the best of both worlds! (tis what my friend and i do!)
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

mp5 mp5 mp5

Comment

hi i have an agm hk416 and a jg g36
          the hk416
          has cost about £400 with internal and external upgrades after it broke after one half skirmish
          the jg has never failed after about 6 months skirmishing, as mentioned the magwell converter gives the best of both worlds,
          also one 470 round g36 willfit in a double m4 mag so
          10x300 round m4 mags=3000rounds
          5x470=2350
          you lose out on 650 rounds but this can be reduced to 180 if you clip two together, and youcan swap the empty for a full mag during a lull in battle with the knowledge that you can have one full mag ready just incase, whilst replacing the other empty mag, a quicker less fiddly option than using m4 mags
          Last edited by army will; 17 March, 2009, 17:32. Reason: grammar
          Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by Clart View Post
            That's another thing, upgrades.

I'd like to get a tracer unit, but other than that, is there any "must have" uprades for TM rifles?
            remember tracers work both ways :P

Comment

jg g36 for around a 100 quid and then you have 200 quid left to do it up to the tits - red dot, silencer, torch, loads of mags, custom battery, customs part, endless...

rather than blowing it on a stock tm which are good dont get me wrong but jg are now not too far off and very reliable, its just tm has a very good reputation therefore they can sell theirs way over priced and jg will be like that one day too, so get it while they are cheap

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                the only thing worth changing on a TM is getting the spring upgraded for a higher FPS (depending on your site)

TM generally have a low fps due to restrictions in japan - however their phenomenal hop ups give them better range than the majority of guns

no point getting a TM for reliablity then changing all the internals for something else
                Isn't it recommended to change shims and bearings if you're fitting a high rated spring on a TM?

Comment

your welcome......

i say ca m15a4....... sportline.

good cheap starter gun, well made

Comment

If you do decide to go for an M4 or G36 get a JG.
                    They will be putting out around the FPS limit of your site and most UK retailers will be more than willing to do a downgrade for you if they arnt.
                    Build wise theres really not much in it between TM and JG and if you're planning on upgrading at any point in the future and buy a TM your just throwing money away with M4's and G36's.
                    Personally out of the guns you listed I'd go with a G36C and just get two hicaps clamped together so you can top one up while the other is in the gun.

You said it's CQB site you play at so I'd also suggest having a look at the Galaxy MP5K range. They're built just as well as the TM's externally and shoot at around 340fps stock for around the £80-90 mark leaving plenty of money for extra mags and batteries. I've got a friend who bought 4 of these to loan out to his friends who wanted to see what airsoft is all about and they've never skipped a beat.

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    Too be honest though, I'm unclear what a FPS gain achieves - apart from shots hurt more. The range is in the hop up, and the accuracy is in the barrel. So keeping it standard might be a good move.
                    So why are sniper rifles upgraded to around 500fps when for example the VSR's have the exact same hop system as TM pistols ?
                    FPS does give you more range. The faster the bb is going the farer it will travel before gravity and drag bring it down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
                      So why are sniper rifles upgraded to around 500fps when for example the VSR's have the exact same hop system as TM pistols ?
                      FPS does give you more range. The faster the bb is going the farer it will travel before gravity and drag bring it down to earth.
                      500fps a big increase from 350. The range difference between 275 - 350 is not the same comparison.

As for woodland, MP5k or MP7 are going to be like playing with a pistol :p

Comment

TM G36c With 320fps spring i would say
                        with a nice red dot and a few good batterys
                        spend the rest on mags vests ect ect

G36cs can be used in both woodland and indoors perfectly

Comment

I think i'm leaning towards a JG.

As materialistic as I am, this is very out of character, seems they are decent quality with 99% being ok, and 1% just having niggles, that seem easy enough to resolve.

Now to look at accessories... :P

Comment

laser, aimpoint, torch, tracer, nade launcher, heat seaking missle launcher, all on one g36

Comment

You can attach more to G36C stock than an M4 stock (unles you went with the RIS version which is more £££).
                              Armoury:
                              JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6935

Comment

you cant..... a jg g36 only has two rails when its as standard....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X