Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most reliable TM pistol

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
    Sorry to cut in. Is the new version p226 the one to go for then?
    It's internally almost the same as the old one, its just finished a little better and the grips is way more comfortable (for me anyway!). If you have smaller hands its great, If not the original may be better.

Comment

Doesn't the E2 model also have some improvement regarding the trigger too? I know the E2 mags are more efficient at least.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Mine is the old model. I can't comment on the E2 as I have never used one.

I have a slip on Hogue rubber grip on my handgrips as the standard grips are a bit shiny.
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

TM 1911 and PX4.

Why, because they are both reinforced where they need to be and feature the right amount of tolerances where they need it.

The Hi-Capas, P226, Desert Eagle and Glock are all almost as good but they just have one or two parts that could be improved upon. They are not going to fail anytime soon, if at all but if you are after true reliability then the 1911 or PX4, but aside from the old M9 and the issues that the 5-7 and XDM have on Green all TM pistols will perform reliably if you look after them.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
            Doesn't the E2 model also have some improvement regarding the trigger too? I know the E2 mags are more efficient at least.
            The E2 should have some copy of SIG's Short Reset Trigger ('SRT'), but I don't know if it actually does. You can buy steel SRTs from Guarder, I think. I've also heard that the E2 has a reinforced valve knocker assembly, too, but again I've never actually heard of an original P226 breaking its valve knocker so I don't know if that's a necessary upgrade or not. Regardless, like Proto says the newer E2 magazines are supposed to be very slightly more efficient and the grip is more comfortable (E2 stands for 'Enhanced Ergonomics') so I'd go for the E2 unless it's substantially more expensive than the P226R.

Comment

the valve knocker broke on my 226 ,easy and cheap to sort though . I'd still go with the 4.3 though if I had to pic one.

Comment

Just to add.

I received a TM P226 in a trade not long ago, a well used TM P226 I might add.

And although it was TOTALLY caked in all kinds of British countryside it still fired as if it was brand new out of the box.

Took me a full 2 hours to strip it to its bones and clean all the crap out, as I'm anal about my guns being clean and lubed, but even that made very little difference to the way it fired.

I'm in no way a fan of TM plastics but even I have to hand it to them, most other pistols would have bitten the dust a long time ago.

Comment

My own Fav' is the TM p226, (metal slide, etc) always works, as it seems, does everyone else's, I'm also quite keen on my 5-7, but that can be just a little temperemental on times, with regard to BB's,hell of a good kick with it though.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

+1 on the 5-7 .
                    sigpic

Comment

TM Hi-Capa, you can use, abuse and mess with the things as much as you want and if you're even half-way competent they'll just keep going and going like the energiser bunny.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_monkey Find out more about the_monkey
                      Working...
                      X