Collapse

Are RS uppers legal to own in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are RS uppers legal to own in the UK?

all this talk of pressure bearing stuff makes me remember that silly news report about some FBI bloke seizing a shipment of aeg's as from his tests the lower could fire live rounds when "fitted" to RS gun though the fbi blok never did elaborate as to what or how it managed to work and how many rounds it fired before it disintegrated

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I'd slap a dytac MB556k on the front of an AR just to see what happened. Of course I wouldnt cough up to get a REAL barrel threaded for airsoft threads though :P

How about say, a Viper-Tech flash-hider that is RS threaded, and made out of quality steel?
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

SAAMI Pressure test of nato 5.56 (55,114 psi) that at the chamber but the gas has only one way to go. Well 2 if you include the gas return.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
          TOBI is 99% of the way there. Muzzle brakes, however, do not have to be on ticket, though flash hiders do - Section 57, 1968 Firearms Act. Frankly, this issue is something thats been really getting on my tits in the last six months, as when a certain retailer (whose actively advertising the fitment of certain real-steel components on both Facebook and his Website) finally feels the long arm of the law tugging on his collar, it will paint Airsoft in a very bad light.

As to FPSEngland's comment, sadly, thats incorrect in the eyes of the law. An item manufactured as a Sec 1 or Sec 5 part still retains that legal clasification even if modified. This is the reason that straight pull centre-fire AR15s in the UK have to be built new from the ground up - as a straight pull bolt action - instead of being converted from semi-auto AR-15s

For reading, if you're interested:
          "component parts". R v Clarke (F), 82 Cr App R 308, CA states that the component part of a prohibited weapon is itself a prohibited weapon. Although there is no statutory definition, the Home Office Guidance to the Police at paragraph 13.70 states the following:

The term "component part" may be held to include (i) the barrel, chamber, cylinder, (ii) frame, body or receiver, (iii) breech, block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the charge at the rear of the chamber (iv), any other part of the firearm upon which the pressure caused by firing the weapon impinges directly. Magazines, sights and furniture are not considered component parts.

R v Ashton, CA, 1 February 2007 seems to suggest that any part that stops the weapon functioning as it was designed would be a component part:

"Whether in fact this particular gas plug is a component part of a prohibited weapon, is a matter of fact for the court to decide the words have their ordinary natural meaning. as a matter of reasonable interpretation it means a part that is manufactured to the purpose screw or washer, would not be a component part for present purposes. Similarly, a component part must be a part that if it were removed, the Gun could not function without it."
          So the end cap of a Sterling SMG would be a Section 5 part because it is what the main spring pushes against?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
          Working...
          X