Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GnG CM16 to M27 IAR?

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
    congrats... you get my point. i only used them for the fact theyre clear flat images... so you can see the difference...
    the fact you instantly picked that they were from battlefield says more about yourself.
    Obviously you do not understand that your links say:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/battlefield-3/2/29/M4a1.png

Don't use games, because game developers don't know the square root of sh*t when it comes to modeling firearms.

M27

M4

Simples.

Comment

id say they havent done a bad job. and first clear pics on google images that didnt have one part or another obscured
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

id say they havent done a bad job. and first clear pics on google images that didnt have one part or another obscured
        Then I suggest you buy a Heckler and Koch firearms identification book (seriously I love mine). The M27 that you've linked has a 16.5 inch barrel but the RIS from a 14.5 inch HK416, hence why the barrel looks stupidly long, like a civilian version. Plus the fact that they only use 30 round STANAGS or 100 round beta mags, not that weird banana STANAG already in it. The modeled M27 there also has a colt stock (we talking original CAR-15) which is wrong. The pistol grip shown is the old generation as well.

Get my point? Most game developers are ignorants to the facts and IMFDB points out so many games where the guns are actually modeled on Airsoft guns.

Comment

that goes on to my point about these things. swapping a stock / grip / ris doesnt change the gun. mags also make no difference.
          im not saying theyre right (obviously not a factory stock rifle) but 'making' a Mk18 or whatever, its still an M4.

anyhoo a tad off topic now. long story short? M4/16 =/= HK416/417/M27

edit: on 100rnd banana mags lol: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w...ine_1-tfb1.jpg (posted as url to no take up space)

Comment

that goes on to my point about these things. swapping a stock / grip / ris doesnt change the gun. mags also make no difference.
            im not saying theyre right (obviously not a factory stock rifle) but 'making' a Mk18 or whatever, its still an M4.
            Actually, the stock, grip and RI system are one of the HK416's defining features. It sets it apart from the crappy direct impingement M4...

Comment

defining yes, but on that note (RIS) its more down to between its model family than between M4 and 416. And direct impingement has a few pros over Piston driven. both have their place. i meant that noone is stopping you putting a shorter RIS or a different grip or stock on your 416.

Comment

The most impressive feature of direct impingement gas system is how it removes a terrorist from the fight if they steal it and go swimming. :D
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i meant that noone is stopping you putting a shorter RIS or a different grip or stock on your 416.
                  Except that feeling when every one laughs at you for having a 20 inch barrel with a 4 inch long RIS on it...

Comment

if that how you want it.

Comment

I didn't mean to start an arguement here. haha It can't be done from an M4 but model but a 416 model. Thanks guys
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajcman92 Find out more about Ajcman92
                      Working...
                      X