Collapse

G&G Guns- Whats the general opinion regarding reliability and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&G Guns- Whats the general opinion regarding reliability and performance

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
    So positive things from the top tier of G&G guns, great. What about their entry level AEGs? Same deal as the CA entry guns?
    The TopTechs are the higher tier of G&G's guns, but they're still not particularly expensive by comparison to the top-tier of other manufacturers. If anything, their entry-level stuff (particularly the dirt cheap CM16s) is even more impressive considering how cheap it is. I recommend a CM16 as a first gun to anyone who'll listen to my ravings.

Comment

Got two 4-18s spot on and don't forget the two year warranty also shop in London says the gen 3 can run 11.1 volt lipos

Comment

I own the g&gp90 , umg , tr16 , mp5 , gbb m16 and two m4 variants . the quality on everything in the top tech range is awesome and very reliable , shoot well out of the box and all mine have 2 year warrantys on them , the new gen 3 guns have MOSFET and a better high torque motor in them on top of a 603 tightbore , green hop , stamped trades and better guage wiring with deans as standard on most guns ( Tamiya converter included , )
        Most models of g&g will do 50/ 55 + Mtrs out of the box .
        Only fault I have heard and seen is metal piston upgrades can break the gearbox casings . Apart from that a very solid gun ..the after sales and support is fantastic from g&g
        The new ak range are gorgeous , lct body's with g&g internals = win win

Comment

Probably worth mentioning I'm the techie friend who, ahem, 'told Aeviv to stay away' which I think is pushing my words a bit . I've always said G&G guns were good, but just nothing overly special. For the same money you could get something a bit nicer, like a G&P (with a replaced hopup).

However, seems my views are outdated. If G&G have come storming in with new shiny bits of kit then I can't wait for Aeviv to buy one so I can open it up and see for myself

Comment

the Gen2 and Gen3 bits of kit are superb.

I'd take a G&G over classic army all day long

Comment

What I would love to see is a head to head review on the new ak range .
              They have lct externals but g&g internals . Lct use their own internals on their versions . Which is better ?
              Also the new lct / g&g ak74 u has not got blowback on it . The rest of the range is a mixed bag of battery foregrip versions and pneaumatic blowbacks .
              All have gorgeous externals thanks to lct .
              Ca are not even in the same league anymore , the top tech mp5 have better externals / build than the ca versions . Only the mp5k is really left and the g36 variants for ca .

Comment

My G&G GR15 has hands down been the best pound-for-pound purchase I've ever made airsoft related.

Comment

and there online support for parts is fantastic. A few times now I've dropped them an email, got a reply, ordered the part, received it within 7 days and loads of free stuff sent as well.
                  Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

I have 3 M4s and a 4-18. Either CM or Top Tech in the case of the 4-18 & one of the M4s and dont think i'll ever buy any other make. All have been faultless. One of the M4s is about 3 years old has been dropped out of a ground floor window at my local site, thrown down a hill when i fell over and still works. Its now my loaner gun when my mate plays or somebody needs a helping hand.

Comment

Owned a G&G Sig 552 for over a year now and has withstood both my heavy trigger finger and my brothers physical abuse without any issues...

Great gun, heavy duty externals, rock solid shooting and great accuracy for stock... Only advice i would make is that if you get a G&G, start using .25 ammo, the difference in performance is a real eye opener.

Comment

@stealthkiller: Even the b&t mp5s? They are the only ones with a sensible gearbox removal process unless g&g have beaten them on that as well.

They did such a good job on the umg (two pins and a screw to remove the gearbox from the fully assembled gun) that it wouldn't surprise.me.

Sent from outer space
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The only main choice is do you want blowback or not . The g&g gen 2 mp5 guns have the best externals to be found on an Airsoft mp5 ( apart from the systema ) decent polymers , solid body's , strong gearboxes internals , only bugbear is the pneaumatic blowback feature . ( easily disabled )
                          The battery foregrip models are a bit so, so but work well nowadays , the early ones had battery contact problems .
                          I would personally go for the non battery f/ grip models as you can use your own size/ choice of battery's , gen 3 has not filtered into the mp5 range yet , so all mp5 guns are gen 2 ( top tech models )
                          The combat machine models have a lesser motor and a non tightbore barrel , thinner wiring , but work exceptionally well , and for a little over a hundred pounds are unbeatable .
                          The b&t are good ( slightly better motors ) but the g&g guns pip them to the post on externals and spares etc .

- - - Updated - - -

The only main choice is do you want blowback or not . The g&g gen 2 mp5 guns have the best externals to be found on an Airsoft mp5 ( apart from the systema ) decent polymers , solid body's , strong gearboxes internals , only bugbear is the pneaumatic blowback feature . ( easily disabled )
                          The battery foregrip models are a bit so, so but work well nowadays , the early ones had battery contact problems .
                          I would personally go for the non battery f/ grip models as you can use your own size/ choice of battery's , gen 3 has not filtered into the mp5 range yet , so all mp5 guns are gen 2 ( top tech models )
                          The combat machine models have a lesser motor and a non tightbore barrel , thinner wiring , but work exceptionally well , and for a little over a hundred pounds are unbeatable .
                          The b&t are good ( slightly better motors ) but the g&g guns pip them to the post on externals and spares etc .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aeviv Its pronounced Ey-ViV! Find out more about Aeviv
                          Working...
                          X