Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smiper back up

mp7 - small , low fps for close encouters and full auto

benefits are that they can be holstered just like a pistol so you can dropleg it and it wont get in the way

its also possible to get a sling/holster that allows the mp7 to be slung across the lower back so it doesnt matter if you go prone
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
      My weapons of choice now are my PSG-1, P90 and desert eagle. It gets heavy combined with all my other gear but The fact I can get to my P90 really quickly and kill people is a massive advantage.

hah snap exept the desert egale :P i have a berreta yeah i just recently braught a bi pod for my PSG-1 all i need is a trailer for the psg1 :P

Comment

Pistol does the job for me - I'll be using the Detonics .45 - small and compact little death machine!

As for the shotgun as sniper front, not what i'd recommend if you need it quickly. Especially if you panic when you have a charge situation.

Comment

Either an MP5, a Galaxy MP5 or an MP7 in my opinion, but if you have an L96, they're quite large guns to carry around, so a smaller SMG or pistol would be better- either a Galaxy MP5, MP7 or TM M9, etc imo (:

Comment

tm mk23 socom-the most silent pistol avalible,accurate and works in all weather.
            your looking for anygun that can take abuse and still work,has as little moving parts as possible and will always work(nbb covers all these) then your looking for accuracey and it to be as quiet as possible.

you should only have to use your pistol as a last resort
            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I used to have an mk23 but the mags kept on leaking despite my best effors of regular lubrication and cleaning. Also its almost impossible to take the mags apart.
              Hence why I sold mine and the fact they are huge when you have the silencer on.
              I must admit though they are excellent guns and I almost keep on buying another one although if I did I'd shorten that silencer. As I'm already carrying a 4ft Aw338

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
              http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

personally i would say it doesnt matter which pistol you take. it comes down to what you like. i've been thinking about going sniper for a while but still working out my main rifle. back up wise im looking at my tried and tested .45. been used regularly to back up my ak but now its a different arena. i would suggest an mp5k aeg, with a few midcap mags (cuts down on the rattle of bbs when trying to be stealthy) as snipers tend to be victimized when they are found, so this would give you an automatic way to clear the problem instead of semi auto

Comment

Originally posted by tack5391 View Post
                  personally i would say it doesnt matter which pistol you take. it comes down to what you like. i've been thinking about going sniper for a while but still working out my main rifle. back up wise im looking at my tried and tested .45. been used regularly to back up my ak but now its a different arena. i would suggest an mp5k aeg, with a few midcap mags (cuts down on the rattle of bbs when trying to be stealthy) as snipers tend to be victimized when they are found, so this would give you an automatic way to clear the problem instead of semi auto
                  Well said tack, obviously your going to be faced with a lot of different opinions when asking a question like this and I doubt there would ever be an agreed upon conclusion to what truly was the best sniper back up.

You would be best to get a shot of someones shotgun, SMG or pistol and see what one you get on with best.

Comment

Grenades! and lots of them!!!

Seriously though if its just to get you out of the s**t then ideally you want something noisy and fast! Noisy because if your using your backup then you are either pulling out in a hurry or you have been spotted and are about to be overrun. And fast because you want to put All of their heads down as quickly possible. So think about a full auto GBB MP5K, M93R, G18C, or that new TM Extreme 45 thing. Or go battery with a JG Skorpion or Galaxy MP5K
                    If on the other hand you want a usable side arm that will deal with most situations from Sniper back up to CQB door kicking in fun then my personnel preference would be the TM MEU 45 on propane and Excel 0.25's.

And to finish if you only have one AEG for every thing else then get a TM P90! no finer gun yet produced...
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 24 March, 2009, 06:51. Reason: language

Comment

Originally posted by JB1 View Post
                      A guy on our site regularly turns up with his sniper and 7 others including AK, mp5, p90 and few pistols under his ghillie! I'm not suggesting this set up but it is quite funny , and he does well
                      Sounds like me :P Follow this guys advise :D
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

actually yes a ksc glock 18c - feirce rate of fire - accurate, plenty of range

and extended 50 round mag are usefull :P
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Always try before you buy if you can. If yu have amte of someone willing to let you use it in the field do this as well.
                          For example I hate having anything loose on my back or leg mounted when sniping as I find it hinders crawling way to much with things sliding around.
                          I don't like using my combat pants with built in knee pads for sniping either as it again hinders my crawling. But for door icking its the complete opposite safariland and combat pants all the way.
                          Basically try before you buy and think about what you like and don't like what you can put up with and what you can't because at the end of the day its what works for you not anyone else.
                          Another example my old rifle. I had fine tuned i so well to me (made my own cheeck rest and adjusted the eye relief perfectly etc) that most people who shot it didn't like it as it was set up for me to use and for me to use only.
                          I can see why people want an aeg as back up but know for a fact it would annoy me when stalking so for me its a small powerful accurate pistol as long as you can hit them with a bb it does its job.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                          http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

Originally posted by Ak. View Post
                            P226 with 5 mags.
                            Mine seems to be one of the very good ones having the range of a stock aegs and is bloody accurate. I has never let me down when I hav needed except on sunday when I forgot to gas one of the mags.
                            i agree i had a tm p226 and loved every bit of it, it was perfect for sniper backup as it has no safety so you can just pull the trigger anytime you like and not have to worry about it not firing. either that or a i would reccomend a ksc or tm glock 17 they both have amazing hop units and my ksc one will outrange alomst every aeg even if it is upgraded, in fact a friend of mine has a tm m14 standard but still very long range and my glock will range that no worries on green gas.
                            modified m16 marksmans rifle
                            m4 full stock
                            ca m203 3x shells
                            ca870
                            ksc glock 17 with m3 laser
                            ics mp5 silenced, cheers markybobs

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

proffesor snippy Find out more about proffesor snippy
                            Working...
                            X