ASCU GEN 3...worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU GEN 3...worth it??

just want to know weither an ASCU gen 3 is worth it, if anyone has had experience with one or owns one,gives us your views.
    Really curious because of the price so looking forward to responses.
    Cheers guys.

Re: ASCU GEN 3...worth it??

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/i...p?topic=9993.0

imo ASCU is nothing compared to Black talon concepts' "Chimera"
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

picture too blured
      Last edited by sparrowhawk; 20 August, 2013, 14:25. Reason: deleted picture

Comment

As above, the BTC Chimera is leaps and bounds ahead of any ASCU. You'll never look back.
        KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

Although the BTC stuff looks good, have a look the designers history before BTC, the previous products he did had loads of issues, and then he folded the company to start BTC, leaving all the previous customers with no warranty…

Comment

he did provide a service after the company was wound up,replacing parts,and giving advice, he was around to answer emails and posts unlike Airsoft systems whos' customer care service is abysmal,
            and beside we are not talking about the raptor, but the Chimera

Comment

Touch wood, I've never had a problem with an ASCU, I have 1 gen 1, 3 gen 2's and 1 gen 3+, the only problem I've had was a broken data cable which I was able to get a replacement for fairly easily. I have had 8 raptors, 5 have broken for no discernible reason and although I bought them in the uk, I was referred to AWS to get help with warranties. As people have said already, they are now BTC and do not recognise the raptor anymore as a product they support. For this reason I won't be going anywhere near a Chimera as I've already wasted 5 lots of £80 (£400 total) on AWS/BTC/whatever they call themselves next time they realise they are selling a product with enough faults that it's economically nonviable for them to support.

Performance wise, a working raptor and ascu are very similar, personally I have always preferred the short trigger pull and feel of the trigger pull with the ascu.
              AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
              G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

I believe this warrants a slight thread resurrection. I got a reply back from BTC regarding some problems I was having with a couple of Raptors, they asked me to ship the faulty units to the states so they could have a look at them. A couple of weeks later I received an email that said they were unable to find the problems, but were sending me 3 new mosfets, a chimera mkII and 2 spectres. So hats off to BTC imo, I think they have shown an excellent level of customer service which as a result has more than restored my faith in them as a company.

Looking forward now to getting the new units fitted and having a play...
                G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

two spectres and a chimera!! wow that is a result....i told you their customer service was very good, i believe that he wound up AWS because there was some major issues with the product, although i didnt have too many problems with mine other than a few switches braking on me,which i got replaced,but the fact that hes still providing support for products which have been discontinued for a while now just goes to show hes a decent fella

on a side note to say that performance wise the ASCU and Raptor are similar is way off the mark,if you were to check the comparison charts you will see for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    on a side note to say that performance wise the ASCU and Raptor are similar is way off the mark,if you were to check the comparison charts you will see for yourself
                    When I say performance, I mean practical performance. Two aegs side by side, same fps, one with a raptor, one with an ASCU. I find there is no discernible performance difference other than trigger feel.

Comment

The btc is better than the ASCu by leaps and bounds .

Comment

suppose that's true to say,and that's probably why people swear by the ASCU, because they believe it feels the same,or has a better trigger response,it must be better, but for me its down to whats under the surface thats important, and in mho ASCU is using very old technology,that extreme-fire developed and put out free years ago (at least 5 years) with lower spec products compared to what BTC are bringing out...

im pretty sure that Gandolf(the brains behind extreme-fire) helped develop the new products by BTCs

Comment

Anyone have experience with the ASCU/HU combo? Local techie says there's been a fair number of issues with the hop unit and its lock on empty (and suggested if I want that feature I should get a TM Recoil or a GBBR, which are in the pipe).

Just don't want to blow £30 on a hop unit that's a piece of rubbish. Definitely considering the ASCU 3 for my Mosfet though.
                          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                          Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

ascu v2 was ok, 3rd gen, cack

Comment

nothing wrong with the gen 3 other the trigger lag, with the upgrade kit/gen3 + has solved.
                              For Sale!
                              TM M870 with a load of stuff
                              A&K massada sniper spec
                              Chronograph
                              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheSaviour Find out more about TheSaviour
                              Working...
                              X