Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which G36?

I'm torn between these two gun: SRC AEG G36C and Ares AEG G36C

The main thing I'm looking for is reliability, the internals are the most important to me. Then comes FPS, as long as it's around 320 I'm happy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Which G36?

I've had an SRC version II for 4 years and it's never skipped a beat!

Comment

Ive got both ,both been reliable ,just the ares is so much nicer to shoot,difficult to describe why ,smoother maybe ,also its got a quick change spring and a mechanical blowback

Comment

Yeah probably worth the extra dosh!

Comment

Definitely recommend the SRC. My SRC G36 has handled a lot of abuse and it's still holding up.

Comment

Thanks for the swift replies, look like I'll be getting one of these then All I need to find is some spare magazines and front grip. Might get a red dot for it eventually.
            Last edited by elrasho; 22 December, 2013, 21:17.

Comment

I've used both, the ares is much nicer in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionNeil View Post
                I've used both, the ares is much nicer in every way.
                In what way is the Ares better? Please elaborate

Comment

I've seen lots of reliability problems with SRC's guns, but even more with Ares...

Uh, are these two the only options? In terms of sheer reliability JG can't be beat.

Comment

I have both guns , the src is much more reliable but has a really finicky hop , needs a tightbore to realy shine . Gen 3 have the best internals on the src
                    My ares / umarex is a lovely looking gun externally and shoots briliantly when its not munching its internals ,luckily most of the repairs were done under wRranty , the standard motor is rubbish . Have had a few failures with the ares . That I wouldn't expect of a gun at this price level .
                    Both guns have pros and cons .
                    Personally I would go for a ca or jg and upgrade the hop and internals next time around !

Comment

I'd recommend using your G36 without a vert grip at first, the handguard is very comfortable so you may prefer using it like that, could save you quite a bit!

MAG 190rd mags are very nice if you can get your hands on them, great capacity, quality and fit, couldn't recommend them enough with an SRC G36.
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by elrasho View Post
                        In what way is the Ares better? Please elaborate
                        Externals are way nicer, made from much stronger plastic. They're built like a brick shithouse on the outside. Quick change spring is helpful, makes getting into the gearbox a lot easier than normal. Internals are made miles better and stronger too. Like MarkPulling said, nicer to hold and shoot overall. Trigger's sharp, range is ok.

Mine even came with a front grip.

I worked on a mate's SRC for a while. Took ages before he could make it work ok. Motor was shagged almost out of the box, dunno what was wrong with it but it sounded bloody awful and locked up all the time. Getting it apart was a mission, cos it was held together by a million little screws. It was shocking in comparison. Wasn't impressed.

Comment

These are two very oddball choices, given the range of G36s available from a number of better manufacturers you should really broaden your horizons.

If you like simulated recoil, give the TM a look. If you want cheap and cheerful look at the ASG/JG. If you want mid range, have a look at the Classic Army or the WE 999C.

Or, build your own with CA/TM internals and ARES externals, the perfect G36.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Have to agree with Olphy. If budget is a problem go for the JG, strong little gun for the money and change the hop unit for either the TM one or one of the aluminium upgrades available. If not go for the TM recoil, may be a bit shiny plastics but the recoil will make you grin like a Cheshire cat all day long.

Comment

Whatever you do, do not touch the S&T G36s that Umarex licence. Imagine a Chinese company making a cheap clone of an already piss poor design and you have S&T.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

elrasho Find out more about elrasho
                              Working...
                              X