What gas do you use in you GBB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gas do you use in you GBB?

Hey all, I'm just wondering what gas everyone uses in their GBB, I use a TM M92F on abbey predator ultra gas all year around until the gun fires over its expected chrono of 280 due to the heat where I change to a rubbish gas to save my TM plastic slide.

So what gas do you all use and would you recommend any particular gas for getting by in the cold winter months without getting a propane adapter?

Cheers guys!
    Cardiff University Airsoft Society
    Like our Facebook page.
    And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
    sigpic

Re: What gas do you use in you GBB?

I usually run Abbey Brut Sniper Gas pretty much year round for my gbbs

Comment

I considered the sniper gas for by pistol but they have a very low level of silicone in them so they don't wet the hop rubber on snipers and stay accurate but this wouldn't be good for my seals. Is the sniper gas noticeably more powerful?
      Like our Facebook page.
      sigpic

Comment

Depends what gun, but I use a selection.

-Abbey Ultra/Zero One Pro Gas (Most TM, WA and KSC GBBs etc.)
        -Occasionally SRC (I think) Green Gas, for a bit more punch in cold weather (Stronger TMs like the PX4 or 1911s)
        -Guarder Power Up Gas (Anything metal, Tanaka revolvers and TM 1911s)

I don't use Green Gas enough to warrant using propane. For almost all my guns it's either Zero One gas which is cheap, or Guarder Gas which is pretty expensive. I try and buy guns that work well with Zero One gas, which most TMs do.

Comment

Used 144a abbey ultra in my WE glock 19 in the freezing cold today and didn't have any cool down. Was seriously impressed! That said, I was keeping my mags in my pocket to keep them warm.

I want to swap over to WE green gas. It has a good amount of silicon in it, and my friend has started using it with great results. Plus, the can is green. I like green.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            Used 144a abbey ultra in my WE glock 19 in the freezing cold today and didn't have any cool down. Was seriously impressed! That said, I was keeping my mags in my pocket to keep them warm.

I want to swap over to WE green gas. It has a good amount of silicon in it, and my friend has started using it with great results. Plus, the can is green. I like green.
            I'm amazed that such a weak gas would cycle a metal pistol well in the cold! I might try the WE gas, but I am so used to the punch Guarder gas gives it might seem a bit of a downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              I'm amazed that such a weak gas would cycle a metal pistol well in the cold! I might try the WE gas, but I am so used to the punch Guarder gas gives it might seem a bit of a downgrade.
              I was surprised too! I had it left over from an old TM pistol I had and thought I'd give it a go. Maybe it's because the G19 slide is slightly smaller than larger pistols, but it was certainly giving a nice kick.

Bit off topic, but WE have seriously stepped up their game!

Comment

Yeah the only thing I don't like about them is the finish on certain parts wears off very easily, usually the rear sight and control levers, just bugs me a bit. I'm going to buy their Tokarev though, maybe another SIG too. Good guns for the money.

Comment

Propane in everything, I think these gasses are overpriced. I'd be careful in summer months if your gun has a plastic slide.
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpectre View Post
                    I considered the sniper gas for by pistol but they have a very low level of silicone in them so they don't wet the hop rubber on snipers and stay accurate but this wouldn't be good for my seals. Is the sniper gas noticeably more powerful?
                    It doesn't seem much more powerful, I get slightly higher fps readings compared with Ultra, not sure about green.
                    Yes it has less silicon in it but I've found its more consistent on the hop on my GBBR than Ultra due to the lower silicon content. I've not noticed any drop in accuracy in using Brut Sniper Gas.
                    I've also been running Brut for a good year now through most of my pistols to no ill effect so the lower level of silicon doesn't really seem to have any negative effect

Comment

I recently got a mike cripps custom full metal race gun on a day of 9 degrees I crono'd it and it was pushing 300 +/- 3 and that was without keeping mags warm and using abbey ultra, I've got green gas to try out next will post the results

Comment

I use propane for everything as you can then get a concistent amount of sillicon which is great for gbbrs and controle the power with the npas.
                        As for my tms, they all run fine on propane but have added harder recoil springs to allow for the extra kick and have so far, touch wood never had any of them break and that is over 5 years.

Comment

Anyone got any experience with WE Green Gas?
                          Like our Facebook page.
                          sigpic

Comment

Personally I use Ultra Gas all year round in a TM plastic slided pistol (1911s mostly).

Never found a need for anything else but in the truly cold months I just buy a cheap can of Green Gas from fleBay and see how that goes.

Best bet is to stick to Ultra and plastic slides in the true cold. As for WE Green Gas it is just like most typical cheap Green Gas though I have seen a few cans come with dodgy cheap nozzles that can spew out too much gas and fail easily. Like there pistol range take it with the small potential that you might have wasted your money.

'FireKnife'
                            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I have a simple formula.
                              frost on the ground-no GBB, it stays in the car.
                              no frost to 10.c ish, propane (coat weather)
                              10-20.c Green gas (jumper to tshirt weather)
                              20+ i use 144a. (sexy hotpants and vest weather)

Currently I run a mixture of TM and WE glocks
                              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SunSpectre Find out more about SunSpectre
                              Working...
                              X