newbie dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newbie dilemma

Some places do a ukara purchase deal . Were you buy a rif but are. Not allowed to bring it home till your third game. They bring it to site for you on the days you are playing and store it untill you have gained your defense . At which point you get to bring it home .

Comment

yeah, kit and equipment isn't a drama for me, i have webbing and boots and hats and shooting glasses, it's very reassuring that you say people wouldn't mind me having a look at their RIF's. From your advice i think i will definitely rent out it seems a lot more viable and economical to do so

Comment

I bought a Two-tone CM16 a couple of years ago, went to a few games to be able to consider myself a regular skirmisher (didn't have a regular site) and sprayed it, paint has unsurprisingly worn. So it looks poop. But now I've got a nice Mk18 I'm either going to use it as practise in disassembly for when something goes wrong with my Mk18 or possibly donate it to the uni society.

Might also end up getting it a nice new body and rail system and keep it as a backup.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

right then chaps, sorry to necropost a little here, but what would your views be on something like the ICS sportline clear M4? it seems cheap enough and good enough, with the ability to buy nice new shiny RIS rails and a metal body once i have aquired a UKARA defence? the split gearbox seems like a massive selling factor especially for a noobatron like me,

jordan

Comment

ICS Sportline?

TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi14 View Post
              ICS Sportline?

Whats wrong with the ICS sportline?

Ive been using mine regularly for 3 years and never had a problem

Comment

instead of throwing around wierd smileys some founded criticism would be a lot more helpful.

Comment

most airsoft guns from decent manufacturers can be made to perform to a fairly acceptable standard. so with that in mind i always suggest a new player buys a gun that they would like to be holding in a picture of them holding a gun, because thats the one they are going to end up buying at some point anyway - if your heart's set on an m4 then get an m4 and ics is as good as any other manufacturer at the price point.

now if u are set on buying an airsoft gun before you have a defence then i would very much advise that u buy a rif from one of the companies that have a shop and also run a site, they will sell you the rif and then bring it along when u need it until u have a defence and then u can take it home with you. i know of at least one such company not far from you that will definitely do this for you, and there may well be others quite close that will do the same, no harm in phoning around.

yes you could buy the clear gun now and change out the relevant bits in the future but swapping over to a metal body isnt just a drop-in affair usually. u'll be taking a working gun apart, switching over a key structural component and hoping that it all fits back together 100%. it should do.. but there is no guarantee.

Comment

Apologies well_then. :P My immediate reaction.

ICS... Okay well I'll tell you what's wrong with ICS in my experience. Firstly, it's not the externals - they're fine. Except your proposition was a transparent plastic body (and not the reasonably solid metal bodies that ICS are good at), so that's point 1.

Point 2. Think of Trigger from Only Fools and Horses (R.I.P) - it's the same broom he's had for 20 years... with 17 new heads and 14 new handles. This to me is what ICS is riddled with (especially the Sportlines). Owners saying they have had their gun for years implying that it lasts a long time, and yet fail to tell you about this part and this part that they had to replace. Double trouble when the parts that break are proprietary, like some of the gearbox and the air nozzle. Not to mention half of the externals.

Anyway. I would advise you to wait and save your money - once you can buy a RIF, buy a decent one. Most things from G&G (GT Advanced series), G&P, TM and Classic Army Proline series are worth buying, with some being better than others. Perhaps even VFC, if you can afford it - they make some great stuff.
                    Last edited by shinobi14; 18 January, 2014, 19:51.
                    TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Best starter guns are g&g combat machines if you want a cheap , reliable , upgradeable and ready to skirmish , accurate and good ranging gun out of the box ..

Comment

he_s_right_you_know_by_nightdemon12-d70r777.jpg

If you want cheap but still good, then go for a Combat Machine.
                        TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Combat Machines have also been released as transparent for the canadian market, might wanna get your hands on one of them?
                          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

DO NOT buy a clear Combat machine.
                            They are old design and suck. G&G two tone is Blue-y purple
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

bluey puple that sounds horrible, cheers for once again steering me away from wasting my money guys. weekends are bad for buying stuff.

Comment

My dad has a clear CM16. Seems to do the job
                                Upcoming Games:
                                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

well_then i love rugby, and triathlon and have now developed a keen interest in airsoft after toying with it when i was a kid, looking to skirmish regularly hopefully at GZW Find out more about well_then
                                Working...
                                X