Goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles

Right, theres some goggles on a certain bay which are listed as airsoft goggles. They have a 3mm thick polycarbonate lense, if anyone knows anything about thickness of goggles and the safety rating they provide please could you help out, would these be safe for use?
    sigpic

Re: Goggles

FACT: Your eyes will not grow back.

Loads of people will say "should be ok", but just stick with something trusted like ESS or stamped mesh.

The only thing not worth cutting corners on really!

Comment

do you know know what the bs rating for glasses which would be suitable for airsoft is mate?
      sigpic

Comment

I think there was a thread a little while ago, about the ratings. Will have a little dig around.

Comment

thanks alot :D
          sigpic

Comment

Still got to be sure what is printed on the goggles is their actual rating. (ie, writing Kevlar on my shirt won't help in )

Trusted goggles, from a trusted source.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              Still got to be sure what is printed on the goggles is their actual rating. (ie, writing Kevlar on my shirt won't help in )

Trusted goggles, from a trusted source.
              Yeah i think i might buy off zero one, problem is alot still dont say whether they are suitable for airsoft. I think im gunna be buying some ESS ice glasses, or the similar goggle type to avoid any unlucky shots coming up through the gap.
              Thanks guys.
              sigpic

Comment

That's because nobody want a law suit Even the ESS ballistic rated ones (as worn in Iraq etc) say not suitable for airsoft.

Can't go wrong with buying from a major UK airsoft supplier

Comment

The bolle glasses seem really cheap. Im curious as to why :/
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry buddy, can't find that thread. However, most companies stamp or have the rating permanently on the lens itself, the higher the number, the higher the amount of power (Joules I think) it can deal with.
                    Like James said, the company don't want a lawsuit, so they normally include the rating on.

Comment

Yeah i can understand why they wont say that :]. Is there any goggles you guys would suggest apart from the ess range as they where already part of my choice .
                      sigpic

Comment

Personally, I can't get enough of the stamped steel mesh.

Not all that expensive, complete 'no gaps' seal round the eye and no steaming up mid game :D

Comment

I think any military surplus should have them, just look around at airsoft retailers based in the UK, like Zeroone.

Comment

hmmm, i'd really prefer lenses mate, even though theres been hardly any stories of the bb breaking and damaging the eye, i still prefer as much vision as i can get. Eyes aren't top notch at the moment anyway till i get some contacts.
                            sigpic

Comment

I figure you more likely to get shot in the eye whilst taking of lenses to wipe the steam off, that a shattering BB :D

Contacts defiantly good idea, double glasses is a steaming nightmare!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grimmy Find out more about Grimmy
                              Working...
                              X