Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goggles

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    I figure you more likely to get shot in the eye whilst taking of lenses to wipe the steam off, that a shattering BB :D

Contacts defiantly good idea, double glasses is a steaming nightmare!
    Ahh, my eyes arent that bad to wear glasses really. I'm supposed to but i can get away with not doing. Plus i have a scope on my rifle so vision shouldn't be a problem :P. Contacts are just a bonus really.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats happened to me before! - Its not fun I promise you, without my glasses, I'm as blind as a bat whilst skirmishing.
      However, using the washing-up fairy technique works like a treat, sod the anti-fog stuff you get these days.

Comment

Yeah washing up liquid works a treat. Especially on full face masks.
        sigpic

Comment

The problem is most of this is EU legislation. Most of the glasses sold on Zeroone are actually good enough for airsoft.

The problem is, they are made in the Far East and as such don't have the EU stamp mark. So to cover themselves by law Zeroone issue a disclaimer saying they arent suitable for airsofting. But, if not suitable why sell them?

An interesting aside to this.

My wife has twice been refused play at Dragon Valley with her Viper Goggles. Purchased from our own gamesite a site with an X in it. They tell us they are safe, but DV will not let her play.

To clarify the situation I contacted Viper and they do confirm that they do not have EU classification but feel that they are safe. We respect DVs stance on this as it is their site but it does cloud the issue as to what is safe or not.

I tested her first pair to destruction out of interest, and it took 2 full mags of hicap with my slr to actually penetrate the poly from about 18 inch range. Thats nigh on 1000 rounds. Make of that as you will.

Just bear in mind that any site can refuse use of a particular brand. But if you want to play safe then ESS all the way, and go for anything that has an ANSI Z87.1-2003+ classification.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

thanks jfox, i reckon ill just go for ess goggles then, requires less thought and i wont need to worry about them being broken :].
            sigpic

Comment

You can pick them up cheaps chips on a bay site. I just got a pair for 13 quid but they seem to go for about 25 quid or so on average. That is new price too. So they are a fraction of the 90 quid retail. There are plenty of them out there too.

If you wear specs bear in mind that you will have to add to that the cost of a pair of RX inserts at around 25 quid or so, plus the cost of any lenses for them. Usually about 30 quid from any opticians.

I have some inserts from my old goggles so will see whehter I can get them to fit the ESS when they arrive.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Yeah i have an auction of them saved in my tabs :p. Wondering whether to go for the goggle type, or glasses. Hmmmm
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grimmy Find out more about Grimmy
                Working...
                X