TM or Cybergun FAMAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM or Cybergun FAMAS?

The reason that Cybergun stuff is variable is that they don't make their own stuff. ALL of their guns are made third party sourced in from mainly mainland China.

Basically, their main advantage is they buy up tradmark rights from real steel manufacturers, so their guns have trades on them. Other than that they are usually DE JG JP CyMA AGM WELL and other lesser well known Chinese companies.

Just do a google search on them and you will see where their stuff all originates. So, if, as you say, the FAMAS is JP and they are crap (I wouldn't know as you couldn't torture me to have a FAMAS) Then steer clear.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

WOW a sin to use m4 mags

loooks wrong
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

also that plastic looks terribly cheap
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Just such an ugly gun to own and as creaky as my old bones to boot looks like it has a Plastic carry bag handle stuck on top. ASDA anyone?
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

i find the gun rather sexual looking actually,

though maybe im MGS bias

Comment

Originally posted by Vladraken View Post
              still some JP ones on vosr just no spare mags though.

Found the m4 mag modding guide as well if your interested.

http://sideshow1.startlogic.com/semp...s-mini-review/
              vosr?

I think I'm willing to take the risk with the Cyber as it's much cheaper, will probably toss it into the hire guns bag anyway and it has a tightbore from stock, not to mention 440fps... which I'll downgrade of course.

I seriously couldn't stand that 'orrible shiny TM plastique.

And the TM's 1000+ ROF is ridiculous...

Comment

iv had my tm famas for a long time now, and it has never let me down, whack a stronger spring in and run a 9.6v and you are away... i solved the creak problem by doing a custom spray job, a couple of layers of paint does the trick.. get the sv as you can kinda use the extended trigger guard as a fore grip. (and who needs a rubbish bipod) i have a cheap tm famas f1 i bought 2nd hand in mint condish for parts, not that i've had to use them yet.
                sigpic

Comment

Does the TM have a tightbore barrel like the JP/CG alledgedly does?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Does the TM have a tightbore barrel like the JP/CG alledgedly does?
                    with the quality of the TM hop the fact it doesnt have a tightbore is hardly a drawback even with a lower fps it will outperform the cybergun

speaking from experiance and the friends i know with TM Famas's

Comment

I guess the TM camp have good points.

As you can tell, I'm really indecisive today...

I could live with the TM creaks (when shimmed/tightened) but the finish would give me nightmares. Is there any way to reduce the sheen? Any way of treating the plastic at all?

And regarding the springs - I'm assuming they're standard length AEG springs? I might bang a 120 in there to reduce the ROF and increase the FPS.

Comment

unfortunately little of it is standard as it was the first aeg. to fit a different spring you need to customize the piston head.
                        as far as i can remember.... ???
                        sigpic

Comment

So I assume then that standard barrels won't fit either?..

Comment

Ordered the TM from Z1.

M100+ spring, tightbore barrel, extra mags.

Thanks for the advice from all the advicees.

What's the probability that it's out of stock?...

Comment

Yup. Thought as much. [deep sigh of despair...]

I'd import from HK but $100 for shipping?...

Comment

I also wonder whether it's going to be far too much trouble to refund me the £300+ today - or will I have to wait a week?..............

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X