Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

So how much would it cost to do this to a Cm16...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how much would it cost to do this to a Cm16...

Hi,
    Just making this post to get some idea of how much it would cost to turn a basic Cm16 'cqb version' into this:
    ss (2014-05-23 at 06.28.36).jpg

I know this will probably cost a fair amount and some DIY modding to happen (e.g. cutting off the front iron sight). I'm not interested in specific parts (e.g. the pictured supressor is just any old suppressor that looks similar) i know some of those parts are magpul as well so in total all those attachments how much would it cost (approx)?
    List of additions:
    Magpul MOE HandGuard Rifle length
    Magwell Grip
    Generic Suppressor (Cheaper one, but not too crappy)
    Flash light (same as suppressor, good enough quality but cheaper plus a pressure switch if possible)
    Mag-pulls (Bottom of mag loops)
    AFG
    (Ignore stock and sights)

Would be great if someone could get the individual prices of each of those parts plus suggestions for what parts would be appropriate, looking for a reasonable price but not so cheap it will break when a fly hits it. Plus if anyone has any suggestions for improvements feel free to share
    (final point, only internal changes would be an increased barrel length, but ignore that in pricing)

Thanks for any reply's
    ~Barney626

Re: So how much would it cost to do this to a Cm16...

Well for starters, you are going to get nowhere with the front end as you've designed it.
    you've got no delta ring, and therefore the magpul hand guard won't work. because it needs the delta ring to hold it in place.
    Like this:

Alongside that, you've got to make sure your barrel is long enough to come out of the end of the handguard, as it need the other end cap, which is held in place by the gas block (you will need something there, even if its the origional m4 type with the sight hacksawed off). and that there is enough room inside the front of the handguard for your chosen supressor (depends on the supressor. some will, some won't)
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Oops :/
      must of accidentally removed that in the editor... lets just pretend that the delta ring is there :P

When you say barrel needs to be long enough, i assume you mean so the hand guard can attach onto the end. My aim was to have the suppressor seemingly inside the handguard and protruding out at the end, so how would i do that and still attach the handguard.

EDIT: a bit of research, i realized that to get this setup of an 'internal' suppressor i would need a free floating hand guard.... Obviously MOE isnt such but is there any kind of adapter that could be used? If not, are there any awesome looking free floating handguards out there that don't cost a ton? I've seen afew but they all cost a bomb, are there any cheaper alternatives?
      Last edited by Barney626; 23 May, 2014, 19:41.

Comment

So how much would it cost to do this to a Cm16...

Google? I mean, it's not difficult is it?
        WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
          Google? I mean, it's not difficult is it?
          Yes i could and have googled it, but i was interested in the opinion of experienced players in addition to suggestions for specific parts and if this setup would physically work....

Comment

I saw the thread title any just thought of the scene in rat race with the hooker..

The ar15 are like lego, as long as its for the series it should work some parts dont always connect well with others e.g ICS. Regarding price, it is against forum rules to tell you where to go shopping, so even if someone could tell you the price of getting it from X shop they couldnt tell you what X shop is. Cost is really going to depend on the brand you go for, and an increased barrel length is'nt an upgrade per se, in the sense that isn't going to increase your range/accuracy etc anywhere near as much as getting a decent brand tightbore.

Comment

Do you really need an AFG and a VFG? And a magwell grip to top it off?

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
                Do you really need an AFG and a VFG? And a magwell grip to top it off?
                No. But who says i shouldn't do it just because i don't need it :P

Comment

Imo, have the endcap, use the supressor to hold it in place.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Barney626 View Post
                    No. But who says i shouldn't do it just because i don't need it :P
                    I'm not saying you shouldn't, it's just adding a lot more weight when you can only use one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                      Imo, have the endcap, use the supressor to hold it in place.
                      Just what i was thinking.

And AFG with a VFG and a MWG, typical m4 users mentality, Slap it on for no reason at all.

Comment

More than the price of the gun.

The best solution for your handguard problem is to get a raider instead, you can mount your several handguards and torch on it and cut in to the end of the handguard to slot in the suppressor. You'll need a barrel shorter than the handguard for the silencer to look integral but a new barrel is inevitably cheaper than a free float handguard.
                        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

If you got a CM16 are you keeping the stock or would you want a Magpul CTR or MOE version, if so then the cost is going to mount up, might consider a KWA ERG Scout, comes with all the magpul goodies and the longer handguard, might work out cheaper plus hold value better as it's recoil, depends on what you are after though. You would have to remove the from iron sight and the silencer could only sit close and not inside

also, with Magpul stuff you need to say if you want real steel, PTS or clone as can be a big difference In price
                          sigpic

Comment

@Barney626

Are you an avid airsoft player or gun collector? If you consider yourself a player I would suggest dropping what you think looks cool, in place of what works, especially if looking cool is simply going to add weight. Like others have said, three types of front grip? Honestly, turn up to a game like that and people will think you're a penis.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a cool looking gun, but cool is not necessarily dependant on having loads of accessories nail to your gun.

If you're a collector, ignore everything I've said, as innocent players will never have to endure the monstrosity and you'll only have to endure the ridicule from people close enough to you to be admitted into your collecting room.....hopefully they're close enough to forgive you as well

Comment

You won't physically be able to use the light with that setup, no room to get a thumb behind the tail cap switch. You'll need lots of MOE rail segments to mount the light and multiple grips underneath there, unless you just do the sensible thing and buy an MVG and MOE light mount/kit.

Pistol grip and stock are just easy swaps and realistically doing something akin to what you've mocked up isn't that complicated. Buy the rifle length handguards (I'm assuming you already have a gun with a delta ring/spring and front handguard retainer cap), a 16" barrel and the suppressor you want. Install the barrel and handguards with just the retainer cap and no gas block/front sight (obviously not usable in this configuration) then, as mentioned above, send the whole lot off with the suppressor to someone who can chop down and re-thread it so the muzzle device itself is holding on the cap and the suppressor will then sit recessed slightly in to the ends of the handguards.

The only way to do exactly what you've mocked up would be to get someone to chop out most of the centre of the retainer cap to the outer diameter of the suppressor then somehow attach it to the body of said suppressor. You'd need a pretty skinny device though.

If you do indeed want an actual freefloat tube or rail (which is still going to take some skill, knowledge and possibly a proprietary tool to install depending on model) then you shouldn't need any custom machine work done, but you'll definitely need to post up what you consider to be not costing 'a ton' because that's a really vague budget. You'll very roughly need about £35-70 for an ACM clone (they vary hugely in design and quality), slightly more than that for Dytac, £90-120+ for a Madbull and £200+ for the real thing given UK prices, unless you've got some good buddies or relatives in the US. Again, what constitutes 'awesome looking' is entirely subjective to yourself, get on to external parts section on the various big UK retailers and have a browse, you won't know what you'll like until you start doing that.
                              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barney626 Find out more about Barney626
                              Working...
                              X