Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper scopes..........

hi everyone,

i got lucky last night and got a deal for a sniper but i am now in need of a decent scope,

looking for something that is none electronic and preferably has mill dot sights but not sure what makes i should go for / avoid.

i will be buying 2nd hand but have a budget of £25 to £30, but looking for general advice on whats good for that price range and what isn't etc.

p.s. i am a first time sniper now

ty

Re: sniper scopes..........

Firstly whats the gun as there's hundreds of scopes out there with different diameter tube and lengths.

You don't want a scope that looks stupid on top because you have chosen one thats too small or large. Do you want fixed focus? or one with zoom.

By non electric I assume you mean you don't want illuminated reticles. Tbh I would recommend trying one, as in low light they really do help the reticle stand out.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

the rifle is a Maruzen L96

i know its not a tm vsr but i find tm vsr's ugly....

i have a red dot acog and find the illumination distracting at times and hard to concentrate propperly when i am looking through the sights, so that has put me off an illuminated scope unless its different i wouldn't know as i havn't tried them.

thanks

Comment

it depends because i have an illuminated scope and i dont really ever use it, but it good to have it there when you need it
        Suffering is caused by craving. This is often expressed as a deluded clinging to a certain sense of existence, to selfhood, or to the things or phenomenons that we consider the cause of happiness or unhappiness. .

Comment

The illumination is different in a scope as opposed to a red dot. And as the guy said above you dont have to use it. The prics for illumintated scopes and normal ones are not that much different tbh so you may as well have one. At least you have the facility to use it or not then.

Ok I had the TM L96 and a warrior l96. Any type of Long Scope looks good on them. and for 20 quid you can get a JSR 4x40 illuminated with flip up covers and lock down type turrets.

These are good as when you have zeroed in your scope to the gun you lock them down so you can't accidentally moove them and lose zero.

try Z1 and if not then go to JSRs own website. Just google JSR and it will give you their site. Lots of scopey goodies on there.
          Feedback link

Comment

so do illuminated scopes have markings on the scope when the illumination is turned off?

if so i think iel be going illumi :D

ty

Comment

Ebay is your best bet for regular scopes. I once had a 3-9x50 (Read: Huge) that I paid £30 including postage for. Had to wait a week or two since it was from HK, but that was seriously an awesome scope.

Comment

Yes the Reticle is a standard black line depends on what type you are going for either mild dot straight crosshairs or whatever. again as i say JSR do some awesome scopes all uk based and very very cheap. Check them out before you try anywhere else and then check a few sites, including Z1 and ebay for price comparisons
                Feedback link

Comment

thanks jfox

Comment

just curios, has anyone else used a A.C.M. 3-9x40 Scope what do they think to it? is it a reasonable scope and does it look nice fitted to an L96?

thanks

Comment

Dont cheap out on a scope, and to get the right look i think you should get a 3-9x40 and a sunshield, and then that would look awsome

Comment

funky could you give me a name of a view with sun shields etc what you would reccomend??

ty

Comment

whats better people, tasco or jsr scopes?

ty

Comment

Well Tasco are a well known brand worldwide. You can always get a Tasco from somewhere. JSR source theirs in from the Far east. Tasco would be the better bet but would also be more expensive.

In response to you pm mate. It looks like the JSR site has now taken a lot of stuff from its online site. I would ring them up mate. The scope for 20 quid is still available but not on the websire.

As for the sun covers mine came with them and also they do sell the 20mm mounts but again not listed on the website. Alternatively they can be picked up for about 3 quid on that auction site.
                            Feedback link

Comment

thanks fox youve been a great help,

final question...

the whole 3-9 x 40 and x 50 thing, whats the benefits of having a higher X value?

also what would look best on an L96 and perform reasonably? x 40 or x 50?

and do all sniper scopes have the function to zoom in and out slightly?

ty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                              Working...
                              X