sniper scopes..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniper scopes..........

No some scopes have fixed magnification. But they will usually have a fine focus adjuster.

The higher the x number then the higher the magnification you will get. Just remember though that engagement distances are relatively short, so on higher magnification any movement of the gun is greatly exaggerated.

You could quite easily lose you target with just a couple of mm's movement. They will have a fine focus adjuster.

Another thing that can happen, especially if you use the scope a lot is it can actually give you headaches. Go for something mid ranged with a good eye relief.

Eye relief is basically how close to the scope you need to be to see correctly through it. The further away from the scope the better as it puts less strain on your eys and also helps with peripheral vision.

While sighting through the scope you can still see what's going on around you.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

3-9x40 basically means the following:

Variable magnification range between 3x to 9x - Keep in mind that as you zoom in, it becomes harder to look through the scope as what is known as the Exit Pupil becomes smaller. This is how much range your eye can move from looking down the centre of the scope before the image turns black, lower magnification means you generally have an easier time of moving your head about while looking down your scope.

x40 Means the size of the big lens at the far end of the scope, bigger lenses let in more light and usually the bigger scopes have a bigger sight picture. I went with the 3-9x50 pictured above and I've used a 2-6x32 (Crap) and a 4x32 fixed magnification (not that good), but I have used 4x32 ACOG clones that rock, so don't look into the numbers too much.

Comment

thank guys, i now own an illuminated tasco 3-9x40 scope and its great

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
        Working...
        X