Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Friend is starting airsoft... has about £150 budget... good choices/ ones to avoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Friend is starting airsoft... has about £150 budget... good choices/ ones to avoi

SRC hop unit is different from other G36's so is the feed system. So you can't just put a mag converter in there unless you also get a new hop unit.

Comment

Re: Friend is starting airsoft... has about £150 budget... good choices/ ones to avoi

If he is looking at AK's then CYMA make some very good guns. You can get full metal ones for around the £150 mark.

Comment

yeh iv got a CYMA AK. Crackin gun, stick a 9.6v in it and your away! generally good metal and decent wood. theres pleantly on the second hand forums you can pick one up for 100 squidlets and you wont be sorry. leaves a bit of money for mags batts etx.

Originally posted by gijohn2
        What does every one else do as a support role?
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        shoot lots.

Comment

Ive said to him geta 2nd hand one, but he is worried if it goes wrong = river + no paddle!!

ill relay this to him, his computer stopped working on him, so im sure he will be surfing here soon enough!

Thanks so much, ths is really useful!!

think he has some money set for charger/bits etc... the £150 budget is just for his gun!!

:D

Thanks guys

the CYMA guns are good then? he wanted the CYA russian special forces gun, but the reviews ive seen of it, though the gun is good, the finish on it isnt as good, gaps etc.... plus there isnt much you can do with it once you bought it, as in no ris to put red dot etc on....

I think he will get it, enjoy it, but then soon after relise he need something better, and will have to then pay what he should of paid now...
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
            Ive said to him geta 2nd hand one
            I'd double that. It's like a choice between buying 3 years old BMW 5-series and new KIA Sandero. You seriously need to be nuts to buy the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
              I'd double that. It's like a choice between buying 3 years old BMW 5-series and new KIA Sandero. You seriously need to be nuts to buy the latter.
              Nice analogy

Comment

LOL!!! yes, i very much understand, like i say, he is more worried about buying 2nd hand incase it goes wrong!
                FOR SALE

Comment

as i say in my PM i just sent he should really consider second hand hell for the prices they go for he could throw it away in 18months when he wants something different.

once he starts playing more we all know he will want to upgrade internals, barrels, hop etc as i think we all try to squeeze that bit more our of our kit. at least second hand he wont have to fear cracking his rif open to start messing with it and if he is lucky he may get pre upgraded gear. cyma betz have sold for as little as 50 that i have seen as while been good reliable ak's they dont hold value and alot of people wont touch an ak anymore

Comment

go on ill say it, has he got UKARA, is he over 18, or is he planning on playing with a twotone.

on the subject of guns, CA sportlines are good, can get something like an AUG, a P90, an AK or an MP5. Also JG do a G3SAS, which you can get with or without a stock, or buy one from Z1 for aout £40.

just my 2p worth

Comment

he is 28! no ukaraa as of yet.

dont think he will want two tone!

working towards his license..
                      FOR SALE

Comment

i can recommend the JG AK Spets, seeing as i've got one, but it really is a nice gun + was only £75 (from this forum)

i'd say it'd be better for him to test a few out first and see what he prefers, but whatever he goes for, a good deal on a used gun (or two) would be a ideal starting point.

another factor is if your pal will be playing CQB or woodland....
                        h e y d r i c h
                        L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

I can only give advice based on my personal experience.

1st gun was a JG Aug A3 - Unreliable, but that might have been second hand. Offloaded that one within a month

2nd gun was a DBoys M4 - Was OK, but slowly fell apart after 4 months of use. Was a ex-display stock from a showroom, so it had been dry-fired to all hell, which is probably why it didn't last. But for £60 it did OK.

3rd gun as a brand-new DBoys KAC PDW - Never really performed well, but was a sweet looking gun. Sold it a week ago. It was mainly a show-piece gun because of it's un-skirmish-ability (is that even a word? hahaha)

4th gun was a new JG HK416 (2008 version) - Brilliant gun, but not your average clone. It has metal bushings and a MOSFET as standard. I've also heard that it comes with a 6.04 Tight Bore Barrel as standard, but I've never checked. This gun is a beast and works brilliantly. I think I'll have this one for a long time to come. It's 4 months old at the moment and no issues what-so-ever.

5th gun is an ICS M4 Commando Sportline (plastic) - I litterally just hit "Buy" and submitted my order. I was wooed by the split gearbox and others comments of being a very reliable AR platform. I look forward to seeing how it performs. I'll write a review once I get it as there is a sever lack of reviews on the ICS M4 Sportline series.

Basically I've worked my way through the ACM clones and I'm now trying to get stuff that is reliable and lasts. The JG 416 was £200 so it wasn't really a "cheap plinker" and the ICS is supposed to be quality. Basically my advice would be to avoid the clones altogether and just get a sportline or high-end gun from the get-go. I'd heartily recommend getting an ICS sportline or maybe even a CA sportline (not used one though) as they are from quality manufacturers.

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

don't know about the rest of the sportline range but do not touch the p90 with hundred foot barge pole biggest piece of %$&@ i ever bought
                            Reformed Pacifist

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                            Working...
                            X