Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Strange my WE glock dont like WE green gas (what gas do you use?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange my WE glock dont like WE green gas (what gas do you use?)

Pure propane will usually give you a bit more oomph as most airsoft gas is actually a propane butane mix which lowers the temperature/pressure curve.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi guys, well i have ordered some Abbey Ultra gas and some Airsoft Surgeon RWA gas, to try out, i hear quite good things from those, but if i still dont like how it performs after christmas ill convert it to co2 and save all the hassle as i have tones of airguns anyway..
      Cheers for all your advice i am very grateful..
      ATVB, Marc..
      Some Guns In My Collection:
      Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
      My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Hi guys hope your all doing well..

The airsoft surgeon gas i order come today, so i am looking forward to testing that out. once i do i will post my thoughts and results..

Also just over a week ago i ordered a WE glock 18c enhanced blowback unit loading nozzle that co2 compatible from EB airsoft well that come yesterday as well, very impressed how fast that got delivered, so if i fit it i can then just buy a co2 mag for the glock, but i want to see what the airsoft surgeon gas is like first, it is expensive but if its as good as some people say i dont mind the price as it will last me a long time..
        Last edited by Marc.RG1; 29 November, 2015, 18:51.
        Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
        My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

I bought two WE glocks (18c and a 26 Advance(Full-auto)) and both experience the same issues you described. I'm keen to see how you sort it out.

Admittedly, I have since got rid of the 18, but kept the 26.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

Hi mate, ill let you know how i get on with the other gas..

What i will add though, i know this is common knowledge, green gas does not like the cold weather at all so it will perform much differently in warm weather,, 4 days ago just for the crack of it, i filled the magazine up with the rubbish WE gas and put the gun and mag in the airing cupboard for 15 minutes just to take the chill off the gun, took the gun out, the gun was not hot at all it was just warm like it would be in summer conditions, tested the gun and it shot better even with the WE gas, although the gas is still very oily..

but i am still looking forward to trying the airsoft surgeon in the colt weather and warm conditions too, ill record my findings..

Comment

Both gases I've tried were supposed to work down to 3°, and on the day(s) I tried there was no way it was below or even as low as 3.

I know you can't always trust what it says on the tin, but I like to think you can to some degree (pun intended).
              sigpic
              "I are God, lol."

Comment

When it says it will work down to whatever temp, it's an estimate at best, and it means that it will provide some expansion force when released. It doesn't mean that your gun is going to work very well at all. It'll just be able to push a bb out of the barrel.

Welcome to metal slides in the winter gentlemen! They just won't work as well as they do in the summer months. No matter what you do. Using a different gas at this time of year will only give you a minor increase. If you want the same performance you got out of it in the summer, then you would need a plastic model rather than a metal one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  Welcome to metal slides in the winter gentlemen! They just won't work as well as they do in the summer months. No matter what you do. Using a different gas at this time of year will only give you a minor increase. If you want the same performance you got out of it in the summer, then you would need a plastic model rather than a metal one.
                  Or airguns lol i dont get this rubbish functioning with my airguns in the cold, ok let me rephrase that lol, my airguns function fine in my house when its cold, co2 mags a lot of difference, yeah they dont operate like thay do in the summer outside or at gun club when its so cold your toes hurt lol.. but still function. lol not like green gas thats just awful even in reasonably cold conditions.. Ill use the cartridge firearms and airguns more in the winter then the airsoft guns in the summer or in my warm house lol..

A little update then, before i heated the house i tested the airsoft surgeon gas, as ben said, i did only see a slight improvement over the WE gas, its not as oily though thats for sure and i did see a slight cool down improvement, but yeah after 1 full magazine the gun was very cool and did not want to work..

SO, i put the heating warmed the house up and made a coffee, come back to the gun, the gun and mag was nice a room temperature warm.. So i filled the mag with airsoft surgeon gas and started shooting, a very nice difference i was able to get nearly 3 mags out of a fill 54 shots, and once again, hardly any cool down factor when shooting, in reasonably warm conditions the airsoft surgeon gas out performs the WE gas quite a bit, bigger can better performance so worth the extra few quid i paid for it..

So thats it sorted then, either dont use the gun in cold conditions or warm the house up first and dont use WE gas as its just rubbish lol..

In a few days though i will do a proper comparison test, shot count, FPS and cool down factor per shot..

Now i have the gas sorted, and some upgrades on the way, i really need to get some oil lube, for the BBU and internals sorted..
                  Any recommendations?

ATB, Marc..

Comment

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
                    WE Nuprol gas sucks from my experience, as do there BB's
                    Hi, I have had the same pistol only for a short time, but I have seen players this past weekend all having different operational issues. Winter gas improved most of them clearly it's a bit cold for gas guns. I would try winter gas if you have a friend with some to try one or two fills. If not its better to let the shop know incase your pistol has a fault.

Cheers David

Comment

hi david, your right these WE glock 18c are known for a few issues, the blowback nozzle cracking, the hammer roller sticking out too much and a few others im sure.

my gun functions fine now mate with the better gas and when the gun is not freezing cold, so cold the gun turns wet lol..

all the best, marc

Comment

To be honest, just buy a TM Glock 17 and use your WE mags in it for the colder months. That's why I have my TM 26, for the colder months. And then the 19 and 17 for warmer

Comment

HI mate, call me crazy but I'm not a lover of TM pistols, I know they are good and the internals are better as standard then WE etc, but I don't like all plastic guns, if I bought a TM the first thing I would want to do it turn it metal and then that just defeats the object doesn't it lol..

I'll just stick with the cartridge firearms and my airguns in the winter at gun club and some shotgun shooting and keep the airsoft guns at home for winter use, until the weather warms up.

Once I have put the other upgrades on the WE Glock 18c I might end up getting a CO2 mag for it down the line, but not sure yet it's quite nice just keeping it as green gas so my WA Sv infinity custom is not alone lol..
                          I have more then enough other guns to keep me going and I have said to myself no more guns, atleast until we know where our sport/hobby is heading anyway.

ATB Marc..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                          Working...
                          X