Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Well do moly for the slide oil for the internals
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Re: Need a Good lube for my GBB glock 18 internals, (your recommendations please?)

Any metal on metal contact should be lubed with white lithium grease. I've been using on all my GBB guns for years now, and its always performed fantastically. Really slippy stuff. Ideally it should be re-greased after 5 game days max, but I tend to clean my guns after every time I play, so this doesn't bother me. Another bonus is that it's readily available at any hardware shop.

Anything that involves a seal ie. The o-rings on the inside require some form of pure silicone oil. As you mentioned before, I use RC shock oil too, in 30wt; not too runny, not too thick either. GHK also provide silicone oil which can be bought, and it's only 3 or 4 quid for 100ml, so that's another alternative.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Id like to thank Marc for asking the question that was on my mind, and everyone else for their answers!
        I've been using a can of silicone spray for my guns which I've not owned for long, and I think it's done more harm than good, so need to rearm myself with decent lubes and strip everything down to clean the almost sticky silicone from the surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckNorris56 View Post
          Any metal on metal contact should be lubed with white lithium grease. I've been using on all my GBB guns for years now, and its always performed fantastically. Really slippy stuff. Ideally it should be re-greased after 5 game days max, but I tend to clean my guns after every time I play, so this doesn't bother me. Another bonus is that it's readily available at any hardware shop.

Anything that involves a seal ie. The o-rings on the inside require some form of pure silicone oil. As you mentioned before, I use RC shock oil too, in 30wt; not too runny, not too thick either. GHK also provide silicone oil which can be bought, and it's only 3 or 4 quid for 100ml, so that's another alternative.

Hope this helps!
          Hi mate, thanks for your reply. yeah i looked into using lithium grease a few years ago for my airguns, but choose to use moly grease into the end after speaking to the firearms dealer at gun club, moly grease has worked perfectly for me for a few years now, haha once or should i say if my tub runs out i might give the lithium grease grease a try though, tetra gun grease is also great been meaning to try that at some point as well..
          I have just ordered some murder oil but ill order some RC 30wt pure silicone oil as well Its cheap enough, i might even have some left from my trucks but it would be a few years old so might buy some fresh stuff..

James no problem, im glad my questions have helped you as well, lol i have a few more coming in a day or so as well.

All the best, marc...
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Keep em coming Marc.
            I'll be getting some lithium or moly, whichever I come across first, and some RC oil ASAP. Got a game Thursday so need it done by then really.

Marc, I'll reply to your PM on UBC shortly mate

Comment

Will do, I have a fair few I'll post tomorrow.. Oh I have only just realized who I am talking to lol.. speak to you soon mate..

Comment

Ill stick with the moly grease on the slide.
                Samsung J5 cover
                Xperia z5 cover

Comment

Had a rummage around in the safe...
                  Will these be alright do you think?
                  I'm certain the moly will be fine, but not so sure about the other, which i am only assuming is silicone based.

Comment

Stripped and cleaned everything, then used the moly on all the metal on metal contact points, guides and slides. While deciding what silicone based lube to use I gave the BBU's a small squirt of the stuff I've been using previously, but will change products very soon.

After a test fire of each gun they seem to make better use of the gas and operate much smoother, so all round a good day.

Comment

Hi mate, yeah the grease will be fine, lithium and moly based best of both worlds then lol..
                      Not sure on the ultra lube i would not want to make a guess for you, glad the guns are performing better now they have been stripped and greased
                      Happy shooting.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                      Working...
                      X