Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up For Sniper

hello all,

basically im looking for a back up weapon for my sniper rifle, needs to have average range and a ideal ROF.

know i have tried a range of GBB pistols and unfortunately i cant get on with them at all, they just seem to break on me. however i would try another GBB pistol IF it is reliable.

i have summed it down to the following.

MP5K
    Glock 18c

ideally am going for the mp5k however is there a holster for the leg or back and therefore i need it out of the way until i need it.

Opinions please

Regards, James
    sigpic

Re: Back up For Sniper

I belive you can get a holster for the Mp5k yes.

Comment

Youd probably be better with the shoulder holster rig for the MP5K, although mine needed some mods to get it to work well. It has a double mag pouch on one other side. It has a clip to attach to the stock end of the MP5 and a loop to hold the foreend against the body. The loop has velcro or a poppa to release it and then its surprisingly secure to use. I had to bodge the location of the loop as it was too high on mine.

B->

Comment

You can get a very nice shoulder holster for an MP5K, James. Looks very gangster!! I've got a leg holster for mine, but I don't have the front hand grip on mine as I use it single handed for CQC. I find the leg holster a little heavy for moving around with it on. You could just stick it on a sling and bung it behind you.
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

I have a genuine German made MP5K shoulder rig with double mag holders available should you go down the MP5K route.

Anyhow to the question. The MP5K's are a sublime back up weapon and if bought correctly they make a formidable main weapon as well.

I would wholeheartedly recommend both the TM MK23 Socom and the TM MEU as back up weapons for any sniper worth his salt.

The Socom with the silencer attached and running on green gas is a match for any AEG range wise and can compete with some sniper rifles. It is deathly silent and has a large capacity magazine. You can easily leave you main rifle in one position and move off with just the Socom to intercept or recce without the bulk of a big bolt action rifle and with total confidence take a shot should the situation arise.

The MEU is another sidearm that is both powerful and accurate. It can hold it's own as a primary if needed and will almost match the Socom for range. The MEU has a great feel to it and a fast action so if you are discover''d and need to bug out you can put ammo down range very effectively when needed.

Comment

which would you recommend the pistol ( either ) or the mp5k. i am wary of gbb as ive had 3 bad experiences with them, but im willing to have another go.
            sigpic

Comment

If you dont have a pistol already then I would go with a pistol simply because of the advantages it gives over weight size etc. Plus if your site plays pistol only games you dont miss out.

Of the 2 if you want it just to use when you are out with your sniper rifle then the MK23 Socom is the way to go. It really is a sniper rifle in your hand.

But if you want to use the pistol for everything then go for the MEU. And by everything I really do mean you can use the MEU as a primary weapon.

Neither guns are metal but dont let that put you off, they cost about the same and if you really cant get on with them you will be able to sell them on here in an instant.

Comment

The only thing id say about the Socom is that with the silencer on it is a bit of a beast and not too easy to holster. That said it has got superb range and accuracy along with it being whisper quiet with the silencer making at surprising difference - not that its noisy without. Also the TM is a non blowback so it makes great use of gas. We use one as a marshall weapon for test kills.

B->

Comment

Originally posted by BLZeebub View Post
                  The only thing id say about the Socom is that with the silencer on it is a bit of a beast and not too easy to holster. That said it has got superb range and accuracy along with it being whisper quiet with the silencer making at surprising difference - not that its noisy without. Also the TM is a non blowback so it makes great use of gas. We use one as a marshall weapon for test kills.

B->
                  I totally agree. It is not perfect and holsters are a pain but I think between the difficulty of say an MP5K getting caught up in your gillie suit and a slightly long but nevertheless sleek Socom the MK23 wins. :D

I keep moving in and then out of sniping. The last time I went at it seriously I was lugging an AW338 around with an M9 Beretta on my leg and a Scar-L on my back. The next time I go out it will be with a lightweight VSR and My Socom. :p

Comment

for GBB - MK23, for AEP - D.E or glock or USP. or go with an MP5K

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken_Dipper View Post
                      for GBB - MK23, for AEP - D.E or glock or USP. or go with an MP5K
                      The MK23 Socom in question is not a GBB.

Comment

Thats a good point on the ghillie suit and MP5K

One possible thing to consider would be an AEP. They are pretty low on the FPS scale but arent gas so are a halfway house between your two choices (assuming the 18c was a GBB). It would depend on what you want from the backup - a last ditch resort (AEP), a full auto AEG (MP5K) or something in between (Socom). That would be decided by your style of play and what ranges youre looking to use the backup as.

B->

Doh - just as i post i see there an AEP suggestion!
                        Last edited by BLZeebub; 8 June, 2010, 13:40. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by BLZeebub View Post
                          Thats a good point on the ghillie suit and MP5K
                          Guess who got his Scar all caught up in a head and shoulder suit?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                            God bet that was trouble untangling all that .
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                              Errmm... that bloke with the scar..?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X