Hmm.. M14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm.. M14

Alright guys, I am contemplating getting an M14 SOCOM and as such, I am asking for personal experiences of M14 users, not "I read this somewhere, and I believe it to be testament.."

Firstly, this is not a 'WOT AM BEST M14' thread, I know that this is the TM! Secondly, I cannot bring myself to touch the Kart or the AGM/ACM!

My questions is more aimed at those that have played with the CYMA M14 as well as the TM M14. The CYMA seems to be very popular, and from what I have read, it is the only true 'clone' of the TM version, as everything is cloned, and the hop unit is exactly the same (I think).

Now, not taking the motor into consideration, do you guys think that a CYMA with a TM Hop unit and the infamous Prometheus TBB would perform as well as a TM with the TBB? Or should I hold out for a second hand TM?

Why pay for the Ferrari name, when a Caterham does just as good a job and costs pennies in comparison? (Purely a metaphor, you get what I mean!)

Re: Hmm.. M14

Good luck finding the TM hop unit. You can usually find TM M14s second hand for about £200, I'd do that.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

2nd hand TM if your on a budget.

Its the build quality which when your working on the gun you really appriciate, qulaity of screws and metal, stock quality, how it comes apart and goes back together easierly.

Little things you cant put a price on, well you can 300 quid new i guess.. :P

Its a shame the yen exchange rates are making importing tms expensive, its not there fault really.

Comment

TM deffinetly
        sigpic

Comment

I'd certainly go for a new TM M14... It costs a fair whack, but it will be your favourite gun. I'll make my friend take his to UA on the 3rd so you can have a look.

Comment

I have the tm socom on order due to a game with my mates

all I'm saying is wow I love it the range is insane on t with the accuracy and hop dialed in with .25s you are laughing

Then I also have the g&p m14 dmr it is the full length so has nice range ans insane rate of rife due to the m120 motor inside

But the quality difference is a little bit mor noticable on the tm

The tm had small seams where the moulds meet but a craft knife will sort it

And the g&p has the same on the dmr grip

Internals would lead to the tm for best comparison

but now I have a new hop rubber and barrel in the g&p I use it alot more in woodland games as it is now on par with the tm

Hope it helps

Comment

Still nobody who has actually handled the CYMA?

TBH, I was kind of expecting that response, will have to see what pops up second hand in the near future as I have an urban DMR project it mind!

Comment

The Cyma feels the same only looser if that makes sense. And it almost shoots as well. But as mentioned above the big difference comes when you want to do anything to it. It is compatible with virtually all the TM parts but the second time you work on it things get a little loose and the third time it's worse and so on.

If you dont have the money now wait, if you will never have the money get the Cyma.

Comment

Well I have handled a TM, thats why my response is like it is.
                  they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                  Originally posted by N3ADS
                  Is this you talking from experience ?..
                  i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I had an AGM M14, and its actually very, very good. Not par to the TM but hey, what is? Ive never used a CYMA, dont know anyone who has, but my AGM M14 SOCOM was shooting just about as well as another chap on my team who was using the TM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                      The Cyma feels the same only looser if that makes sense. And it almost shoots as well. But as mentioned above the big difference comes when you want to do anything to it. It is compatible with virtually all the TM parts but the second time you work on it things get a little loose and the third time it's worse and so on.

If you dont have the money now wait, if you will never have the money get the Cyma.
                      Cheers, more the response that I was after!

Will wait a bit and invest in a TM me thinks!

Cheer's for your input guys!

Comment

I test fired a CYMA at Xsite and I can say it handles nicely and shoots well at half the price i think it is good value for moneuy and with the upgrades you planned would still save cash.

I know one pace that is selling the real wood version and did have them in stock yesterday. If all you are worried about is poor screws then replacing them with "real" metal ones purchased aftermarket is an option and will save heaps.
                        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I won't be buying a brand new one, as at the moment, I can't stomach £335 before upgrades and mags..

I was interested in the CYMA SOCOM as I have found it for £145, and even with the upgrades/accessories that I have found, its only going to come to £250ish all in brand new!

Comment

Sorry to intrude but are you guys saying there is no difference in the performance of the cyma and TM?

Comment

Originally posted by Pointblank View Post
                              Sorry to intrude but are you guys saying there is no difference in the performance of the cyma and TM?
                              They are similar from new which make the Cyma sound like a bargain. But there are reasons the TM cost's as much as it does.

In 1,2 or 3 years time the TM will still be shooting the same as it did when it came out of the box.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
                              Working...
                              X