wooden stocked L96 - good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooden stocked L96 - good or bad?

Do you think a fake wooden stocked L96 would look good or bad?

Ive never seen one before and i am tempted to try it

ty
    Wood = Good :P
    32.26%
    Nope - do something else to it
    67.74%

The poll is expired.

Re: wooden stocked L96 - good or bad?

Fake wood?
    Seen someone on here already who is carving his own stock... Takes some skill :-)
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Wood = Good :P

Comment

yes fake wood - repainting the plastic one so it looks like real wood

Comment

Tease....and there was me thinking someone had started to make a wood stock....
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ha ha, i want to know what people think of the look before i go ahead with it as i don't think its going to be a cheap job.

Comment

If you want it as a poser rifle, do a wood stock. If you want it to be practical so you can remain hidden while skirmishing then pick a few colours that best represent your local site. base coat of the lightest colour, get a leaf/fern and lay it on the rifle, paint over it until the rifle it covered in the pattern. Spray it with a mist of a third colour (or leave out this option) and then wrap up the barrel in burlap/hessian.

Comment

Personally I think it would look dreadful. The gun is too modern-looking to suit wooden furniture, imagine a wood body kit for an M4 or an L85

Comment

think your right... just wanted something that ive not seen on an L96 before,

i think a wooden M4 would be rather cool, a fair bit better than a magpulled version *jokes*

Comment

I'm the guy who's doing the wooden stock mentioned earlier! (I think)

Got a gunstocks blank of walnut in. It's fairly big, and gonna have to practice some of the cuts, such as the magwell, on different bits of wood first! It's gonna be tricky.

Try and do it in wood mate, it will not only look better, but feel better and have that decent weight to it. I personally like my guns to have some weight to them.

Gunstocks blanks you can get off the electronic bay for around £50, mostly from America, but I can't wait to get started on mine!

Comment

Originally posted by grey View Post
                      Personally I think it would look dreadful. The gun is too modern-looking to suit wooden furniture, imagine a wood body kit for an M4 or an L85

Why would it look awful? If you take away the stock, you just have a bolt rifle like any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                        Why would it look awful? If you take away the stock, you just have a bolt rifle like any other.
                        I can't really picture it, but I just can't imagine the L96 stock suiting wood the same way a VSR would. Hell, prove me wrong, I'd love to see it :D

Comment

Wooden L96? *GAG*...

Urgh...

Comment

Lol. Bear in mind it's not gonna look the same as the l96 stock! I'm going to be custom shaping it. I'm toting with two designs, one similar to a WA2000 rifle stock, the other more like a target air rifle stock, no thumbhole, just a pistol grip shape carved into the wood from the stock. Difficult to explain that one but m old air rifle had it and it was very comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                              Lol. Bear in mind it's not gonna look the same as the l96 stock! I'm going to be custom shaping it. I'm toting with two designs, one similar to a WA2000 rifle stock, the other more like a target air rifle stock, no thumbhole, just a pistol grip shape carved into the wood from the stock. Difficult to explain that one but m old air rifle had it and it was very comfortable
                              Like an m40?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                              Working...
                              X