Collapse

wooden stocked L96 - good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes quite similar. Not decided on a design 100% yet.

Gonna sketch some pictures in my spare time and see what sort of monstrosity I can create!

Comment

Re: wooden stocked L96 - good or bad?

Ah in that case I reckon it would look pretty awesome, it's just the original L96 body that would look crap in wood (god I wanna see a wooden Barrett now)

Comment

Lol yes that would look a bit pants! I dot like the look of the current L96 stock, which is why I'm making my own. Plus it should be worth a bit more if I decide to sell it on!

Might do some drawings at work! It's a slow day haha and upload them tonight

Comment

ok well today i spent most of the day sanding down all metal bits and the plastic stock. its been primers and smoothed down and ready for its first few layers of paint tomorrow.

i am deciding to go ahead with my original idea of creating a digital camo paint job, hopefully it will turn out well but painting it is going to be a 2day job most likely due to the ammount of stencils i need to make.

pictures will be posted once complete also please note that the gun will be wrapped in ghillie too

Comment

Originally posted by grey View Post
            M4 or an L85
            Nearly:

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html

http://ar15woodstocks.com/index.html

I thought the idea of wood furniture on an AR would be awful, but I actually like them
            sigpic

Comment

the first one and the ones on the bottom picture (apart from the red) look pretty good. the others are a bit iffy!

Comment

I got a Maruzen Type L96 (Same as the normal Warrior L96 but with internals upgraded) personally seeing as the gun is used by SWAT (I think) In America it would supposed to stay Black, Olive Drab or Tan. Saying that if you incorprate not just the stock but since the whole barrel/trigger assembly is one piece carve a wooden lowerreciver and stock for it so the whole bottom half is wood..perhaps teak or maple? Btw M249 Saw with Wooden stock and forgrip is a sexeh Beast!
                Originally Posted by balaclava ben
                i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
                sigpic

Comment

is everyone forgetting about the well/warrior l96 that was produced with a wood effect stock?
                  Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

A wood effect stock? Yes. We are trying to forget!

I have the piece of walnut for mine, but might have to get a few quotes from carpenters for the precision cuts, such as the magwell, as I don't have access to the tools to deal with hardwood, just softwood!

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      Nearly:

http://ar15woodstocks.com/index.html

I thought the idea of wood furniture on an AR would be awful, but I actually like them
                      I quite like 1, 3 and 4 but more from a 'damn, I want that wood for a guitar' perspective more than anything. It suits them very nicely, 1 even looks like a really nice camo effect, but I'd still take some nice tactical polymer/metal furniture any day

Comment

ok the jobs complete, took about 3 or 4 days to get it done but i think its a good outcome,

will look different once ghillied up a little took, anyways here are the pictures, Maruzen L96, nearly fully upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          the first one and the ones on the bottom picture (apart from the red) look pretty good. the others are a bit iffy!
                          The red looks best IMO
                          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

do those ar-15 wooden stocks fit on their airsoft counter parts?
                            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                            Working...
                            X