X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Problem, Please Help

Hello all, im looking for a bit of advice please

I recently sold a GBB and it was tested before by myself & brother in law prior to sending, it worked perfect with no problems and ive never had one problem with it.

The buyer has since contacted me saying that it doesnt work!! (doesnt cock)

now i asked if the packaging was damaged but he said it was perfect, so it doesnt seem like it was damaged in transit.

The buyer has said that it was broke straight away which is odd as it was perfect prior.

The problem i now have is that he has opened a paypal dispute (dispite no comunication to this effect) , so im going to have to issue a refund and in return get back a broken pistol.

what can i do in this situation?

any advice would be great
    Lots Of Inert Ammo For Sale - PM For Details

Re: Sales Problem, Please Help

Open your own dispute of his dispute?
    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Offer a sendback and replace, as long as he'll pay the postage - he's probably played with the leaf spring to go under a sear, an easy fix really.

Comment

I'd refund him and get him to pay postage back, id then inspect the pistol. If its suddenly damaged, open a paypal dispute with him, if its an easy fix, meh, just put up for sale again.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
          I'd refund him and get him to pay postage back, id then inspect the pistol. If its suddenly damaged, open a paypal dispute with him, if its an easy fix, meh, just put up for sale again.
          Just as i would put it..

Comment

I can see the way this is going to go, another case of sod all protection for the seller.
            Send the buyer a message and get him to return the gun, if its a genuine fault offer to repair and return.
            If its been messed with and thats the reason its failed, all you can do is cross your fingers and hope the dispute is found in your favor, if you do win you have both the cash and the gun so i would send it back as is, if you dont win you have the gun back to try and repair and resell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the weapon?

On the Glocks for example, the hammer can get stuck inside the slide. 30sec fix if you know where to poke. Won't rack or come off until you do it!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                What is the weapon?

On the Glocks for example, the hammer can get stuck inside the slide. 30sec fix if you know where to poke. Won't rack or come off until you do it!
                ahh yes, very annoying problem

Comment

I used to have that same problem as above, figured it out v quickly though

Comment

I have just had a similar problem with a gun I have sold. At the end of the day you are selling a second hand item. You have to have a bit of integrity about you and trust the buyer is not or hasn't tampered with it.

I have a greed to refund back the cost of the pistol minus any expenses incurred, as I know the gun was sent in good condition. Unless you have postage insurance for item damage, there's not really a lot you can do. If however, on return of the gun, it has been tampered with you can open a dispute.

Again though, as said above, paypal is now a buyers market and there's very little protection for the seller these days.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Presuming its the deagle you were selling (happened to notice it myself) has the buyer tried taking the safety off? as silly as it sounds I keep leaving it on for some reason ...
                      how about taking the slide off and seeing if the springs are still in position? since the blowback is on two springs they sometimes get knocked off the little holes, so that might have saused it?

If I were you, and your absolutly sure, I'd request a little video of the person trying to use it/demonstrating the problem, should that show it, its pretty hard to determine whether it was already broken or borken after purchase, but at least you know there is a problem with it, and the buyer hasnt just turned round and decided he doesnt want it ...
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 September, 2010, 06:58.
                      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                      mix'n'match M4
                      Maruzen P99

Comment

the chap sent me 2 pms about the problem asking for a refund today and i have not been able to reply all day due to internet problems but he has raised a dispute and basicically the money has come out of my paypal, yet i dont have the pistol back
                        Lots Of Inert Ammo For Sale - PM For Details

Comment

The money is only frozen in Paypal until it is resolved, or it times out.

Comment

As jag said the money will stay in limbo untill the dispute is settled either way.

Comment

Just follow the advice earlier in the thread, if your not at fault what do you have to worry or get stressed about.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sockmonster Find out more about sockmonster
                              Working...
                              X