MP5K scope rail... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5K scope rail... help

pfffft i cant wait to stop asking noob questions :D but until then i've got a quick one for ya.

so i have my red dot scope and bought an mp5 mount... which doesnt fit. the mount is pretty much identical to this one:

and the reason it doesn;t fit is this:

i'm sure it has a name but i don't really know it's function, it just causes me a problem. what i don't get is that i've seen other mp5k's with the same and the shorter version of the mount.

also i see that most of the other MP5s have the same mounts and have the same nob on the top of the barrel.

please tell me i'm being stupid. been googling my ass off for the past hour before giving up to post here. hope there is a suitable low mount because i dont want one of the high mounts.

cheers guys

Daft question but have you tried turning it round?

Comment

Re: MP5K scope rail... help

Your next bit of fun is going to occur when you finally do manage to get it onto the MP5 and then realise that those stupid TM rails don't accomodate most standard scopes (certainly not Aimpoints at least)...
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I've heard that its because by 'mp5/g3 rail' they actually mean g3. As in it was deisgned for the g3, and assumed it would fit on an mp5 too. You need to file the hell out of it im afraid.

The area at the back (right hand side on that pic) probably needs a bit, plus the hole just ahead of that (which is actually meant to have one of those bits that sticks up go through it). From my experience it *might* fit, but totally dosent line up properly. file those two bits down, then repaint it, and it should be fine.

As longshot said though, I can barely find anything that fits well on there. I wanted an open reflex sight, but its too long (claws get in the way) same for any 30mm (aimpoint sized) L or cantilever mount. I'm finally going to use a Walther sight which takes normal type scope rings. Thus the rail dsoen't need to be continuous. Just waiting on some proper low ones from HK.

Comment

I had the same problem, Mr Dremmel helped me out on both the mount and mini reflex sight. It fits ok now.

Welcome to the growing club.

If you search long enough you will find one that has a double rail, basically looks similar to the one we all seem to have but has a 20mm rail on top to mount things too. Sorry I can't be any more help as I forget where the bloody hell I saw it...lol...

And it's a low mount not a high one.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

hehe right it looks like i'm gonna have some fun eh? :D

oddly enough the cantilever mount (30mm for aimpoint) sits on the rail withough any issues!

thanks for the input so far

Comment

Unless Im having a blond moment you should find the rail is still 20mm but your scope diameter is 30mm.

If you are not to fussed what your red dot looks like Walther make one that fits straight on, no need for the rail.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ah yeah i was just referring to Landmark's comment about the cantilever aimpoint mount. maybe i have a shorter base on my cantilever.

i swear i can find 100 different rails and mounts, but how are you supposed to know any fit at all :D

i'd get that Nitro one if it wasn;t so damn expensive :*(

Comment

The nitro rail sleeve (if thats the one you mean) is indeed lovely. You need to think about irons perhaps, since it gets rid of the originals.

I've had three different cantilever mounts, and none of them fitted on my rail. I didnt want it to (its a bit high on an mp5k). The rail I had was a genuine TM one, and it still didnt fit.

The claw mount is a bit high for my liking, but they do all fit from what I've seen. Its just those low mounts that seem to be poorly thought through.

@ midas - I'm going to do that to mine I think once I get a new dremel (destroyed all the bits on my last one with a magpul asap). I want to be able to fit a reflex ideally, sadly because of MW2, but enough of that.

Comment

my TM MP5/G3 low profile scope mount fitted straight on to my TM MP5k with no issues at all. if i were you i'd take off all 4 of the mounting screw bits and take the two clamp bits that the screws go into off, then try putting it on your MP5 and see how well it fits. if it's a good fit then try putting it together with the mount on your mp5.

sorry if i'm confusing

Comment

maybe the CA gun (what i have) has a wider nob on the top of the gun, there is a raised area all along the top but the nob bit is wider.

underneath the rails are 2 thin strips that just rest ontop of the nob thing. not going to be a huge job to flatten those out i guess.

pic to illustrate might help explain a bit

it doesn't matter which way round the rail is, it does not go flat/flush to the top of the gun.

Comment

By the look of that pic it just needs moving back a mm or so.
                        When you look at the underside of the mount there is a part which looks like a H. That H should sit between the uprights of that sticky up bit.

Comment

thanks again guys i'm getting the hang of this stuff now :D

the H bit is at the front on the pic i took which seems odd, i would expect the rail to fit the way i posted. but it doesn't work the other way around either.

i just grabbed a couple more shots to show what's definately in the way

oh and if anyone knows the name of teh nob thing then let me know :D

underneath the rail are 2 ridges, i dont think they really do much except help you line it up, i would guess that if i flattened them then i wouldnt miss em but i drew them blue here:

now on the top of the gun i drew in blue where the little ridges would go. you can see they line up with the long raised parts but clearly want to go through the nob thing because that is quite a bit wider.

this just a trait of the classic army gun then?

Comment

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but could anyone suggest a mount that would fit a G3/MP5?
                            I'm about to buy a G3, and was going to get the mentioned mount with it - as far as I can tell I'd not have issues fitting it like PANIC did - but everyone has said that very few sights would actually work with it.
                            So, any other recomendations so that me and PANIC can save afew grey hairs?
                            sigpic

Comment

It looks to be the mount which is at fault there.
                              On the bottom of the TM version of that mount it's hollow

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PANIC Find out more about PANIC
                              Working...
                              X