Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate AEG.....

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
    Taylorb, your now claiming 2 foot groupings at 100 meters?!

Just don't see how that is possible in the slightest.
    are people 2 foot tall where you come from?
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

The TM 14 is pretty much a tried and tested choice for range and accuracy, put a prometheus 6.03 or even a PDI 6.01 inner barrel in and the groupings really tighten up at further ranges.

I've heard mixed reviews on the G&G version but none have really claimed or sounded like the beat the TM version standard so far.

Also I think anyone on here claiming to easily beat 50 meters range "easily" should be able to prove it first!

My feed back
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

TM M14 with Promy 6.03 is all you need really, does the job really well, tight groupings at range etc. Cant fault it anywhere.

Comment

Sorry but theres no way you could hit someone at 100m accurately with an AEG.

Jag, Taylor said 100 feet

Edit: Misread Taylors post, yep, thats pretty much impossible unless you're lobbing or have a prevailing wind. Accurate range is roughly around 75m max for very upgraded weapons and closer to 50 for stock I believe, though not sure where I read that.

Comment

Been talking about this on Arnie's, and seeing the max range on some of there super fps snipers from states. 100m with a 350fps aeg, or even 80 is a steaming pile of....!

The max from an uk legal aeg is going to be around 70 meters. Everyone else needs a tape measure!

Of course if you can PROVE a further distance, i'll eat my boonie!

Comment

Nah, I think you could probably hit 80 with indirect fire, my old M14 could hit out to about 60 and could almost definitely artillery rounds down further than that...

Comment

We've had this conversation before. I forget which particular user it was from here (mj23whatsit springs to mind though, it's someone that plays at The Rock) who claimed to be able to get 100m shots with his Systema M4 PTW, everyone said he couldn't then you all had to eat humble pie when he came back with pics

Comment

Dave I think even with a systema you're pushing it, its the ability of the legal fps limit to push a bb with a hop decent enough to that far... there are so many factors it would be nearly impossible to fire accurately on a 100m target.

Comment

Actually, if I remember correctly (and that's questionable at the moment :p) it was technically over the limit.

Aha, I found the relevent thread here. I was completely wrong, it was Sam s.o with an M24 not mj23whatsit with an AEG

Comment

And that was on a 700fps sniper at 150 metres
                      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                      Originally posted by N3ADS
                      Is this you talking from experience ?..
                      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Id say go with the tried and tested way with a tm m14 with a tightbore :D

Comment

I have a standard cyma m14 and I have done tests against a fully upgraded tm one back to back and found no difference the TM one had had lots spent on it and sounded nicer and felt nicer but my cyma cost me £85 new !
                          Both have the best range of any aeg I have ever used and I have used allot .
                          I know someone who had a very unreliable GNG one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                          Working...
                          X