Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recovering two tone guns

Originally posted by vityaz View Post
    its my understanding that one you are UKARA registered you can convert a two-tone to an RIF, but guys why go to the bother of using spray paint that you will probably have to keep respraying every so often? When I got my UKARA I just used kitchen paper and surgical spirit to rub off the bright blue paint and it works just fine. You need a toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies but then you have a colour match all over, if using paint the shades may vary!
    Try doing that to a two-tone gun that's been manufactured in green :P

Bright green all the way through so the only option is to spray over or replace the part with a non-green one.

Comment

i think my AW might just break the fps limit at the sites..........worth a try though and at least i will know if i hit somebody ..!
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
        Sorry mate, thats just wrong, the airsofter's defense protects regarding trading, manufactuer and importation- you can do all three with our specific defense, as long as you had said defense, spraying a two tone black is completely legal
        I'm only saying what I've been told by both a solicitor, and a dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
          I'm only saying what I've been told by both a solicitor, and a dealer.
          Be interested to kow who the dealer was....
          No, don't reply with the name.
          Several large dealers offer a two tone service to those who do not want one of the available two tone AEG's. Now, if this were illegal i doubt it would be offered as a service. I've bought 'used' two tone AEG's and replaced the coloured parts, selling the coloured parts on to people already own 'black' AEG's, to mod them to legal UK use.

To be honest, tho, the best thing to do if you're unsure on any point of UKARA contact them, i've seen so many interpretations of the defence that asking on a forum can leave you more confused than before.
          Ratty
          Trader Feedback.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

littlejimz Find out more about littlejimz
          Working...
          X