Cybergun (CYMA) M1928 Thompson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cybergun (CYMA) M1928 Thompson?

My M1A1 does very well in woodland (not used the '28 yet).
    Rate of fire about 7-800rpm stock with an 8.4V. I'm pushing the '28 to 1000+ with a motor an 9.6V. Eventually, the '28 will have a 7.4V lipo (low voltage because of where I'm going to put it).

Accuracy-wise, they're pretty good. Barrel length is a bit longer than an MP5.

I replaced the spring in my M1A1 with a 1J as soon as I got it. This was needed due to it being over my site's limit.

Another thing to get used to is the split selector - The semi/full auto switch is separate from the safety. Lever travel on both is 180 degrees. I prefer this to the combined types - no chance of selecting the wrong mode if you need the safety in a semi-only game.

There's a "uniqueness" to the Thompson. There are so few about at normal walk-on days.

Comment

why the want for the chicago may i ask?
      Because Z1, who are across the road to me, sell it for £200. Also, I like the more unique guns. About 3 guys at GZW have M1A1's. Never seen a 1928!

Thanks for that No1. Looks like I'm going for the Thompson then!

PS, Is there any way of attaching a silencer to it?
      Last edited by Apurturesci; 25 October, 2010, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        Because Z1, who are across the road to me, sell it for £200. Also, I like the more unique guns. About 3 guys at GZW have M1A1's. Never seen a 1928!
        And you still won't...

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        PS, Is there any way of attaching a silencer to it?
        Not unless you clamp it on, HEATHEN!!. It has a compensator on it. One which, BTW, is too small in diameter WRT the real Cutts compensator.

The M1A1 has a non-removable blade fore sight. Again, no suppressors and it's a pain to make something fit - trust me, I make Cutts Compensators to fit M1A1s.

Comment

And you still won't...
          Yes yes, Ok 'I don't see many 1928 mock-ups'

Thanks of all the help

Comment

i have a cyma m1a1 ww2 variant i love it shoots like a dream but i have snaped the outer barrel !!!!!
            triped over a tree root during a skirmish and ker splat the rest is history
            replaced it with tm parts all i could get hold of but fitted ok with a little help from my freind the dremel

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

Headshot, on another "period" airsoft forum provides fix kits.
              BTW, the TM one will break more easily then the Cyma.

Comment

to 'hellfish' where did you get teh wood kit and i think the white markings make it look unique besides, airsoft needent be 100% accurate does it?
                Shoot me, and you shall recieve a swift kick to the nutsack sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                Working...
                X