Camo Gun or Black Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camo Gun or Black Gun

Well I couldn't say. I had a G36E that i camo'd. i have an mp5 that i would only ever have black and an l96 sniper rifle that was black but i sprayed tan with brown stipes. although i saw another black one the other day and i kind of miss it :p but for pistols i do like silver slides. i dremmeled the slide and the trigger on my 1911 and it looks quite nice (in my eyes) more raw and spartan.
    sigpic
    There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Comment

Got to say that this looks the nuts

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2573/...04313473_b.jpg

Only problem is, how would you spray that though without an airbrush.

Retouching the stock black gun seems the best

Comment

For Camo jobs like the one above, you just get some netting ect, and place it over the gun. You then just spray over it all!

Comment

I've painted about half my guns - it's personal preference really. The main thing I find is that the camo affects the resale value - particularly because you can't really split the gun and sell the bits individually owing to the colours.

Most of my quality/expensive guns are standard (TM, ICS) but my Chinasoft cheapies are camo (JG, D-Boys).

The best option is either to buy coloured furniture - like DE or OD foregrips and stock - to give the gun a little colour. Then you can just replace them. Or just spray the gun a single colour without any patterns. There's plenty of folks building Magpul DE guns, or OD versions for woodland. They will be more willing to buy a plain OD/DE stock than a patterned one.

Comment

Camo'd as long as it's not too bright and has been done using stencils

Comment

I wouldn't personally colour my guns, with the exception of my plastic fantastic shottie, which may see a few layers of krylon at some point.

Sniper rifles obviously look and work better all camouflaged to thier appropriate environment, but as I don't have one, it's of no real bother to me either way.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

I love my tan guns. Except my AK :p

Comment

I think digital camo looks the best. It's camo without looking too untactical, if you know what I mean? :D But I'd prefer black to ordinary DPM camoflauge.
                  Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I bought mine with a screwed up paint job and due to the bad weather i couldn't get outside to spray it by tommorrow

Comment

Black!

Comment

black for me, and there's a tactical reason, from 100m upwards the eye cant tell and the further back you go everything becomes black.
                        Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

Camo gives the weapon a more personal and custom feel, can look very good and work quite well depending on surroundings.
                          SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

black all the way!!

ive seen a alot of bad camo jobs!! lol
                            FOR SALE
                            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Black for almost all guns excpet AKs and M14 whihc have to be wood.
                              I'll make an excpetion for the Fn 57,the L85 and the steyr tmp and obviously the aug and some other guns.
                              Black just more intimidating.
                              EDIT: just noticed how old this is, way to necro post...

Comment

only cam snipers up everything esle leave black

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Spudbum Member of Wolf Pack Airsoft Team - 'Splinter' www.wolfpackairsoft.co.uk Find out more about Spudbum
                                Working...
                                X