Eye & Face Protection - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eye & Face Protection - question

I've got the guarder C4's and they do mist up in the winter when you're running around and get hot. However that is not as bad a problem if you don't fit the foam inner frames.

My brother has the V12 and they are awesome and do not fog like the guarders do.

For indoors I always wear a full face mask.

Comment

I might check out the V12's then, although they are more expensive seems like they are less likely to fog up.

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to go with "tight fitting" glasses instead of goggles to solve the steaming issue - I can't say that enough. Trouble is my nose is the size of a fucking mammoth so none of the supposedly "tight fitting" designs actually fit tight on me at all. I have some guarder C3's that I wear when I'm using a strimmer or a chainsaw, but I've lost count of the number of times I've got flying pieces of crap in my eyes.

Curse having a ridiculously huge hooter.

I just don't want to risk mesh goggles because of disintegrating hits, low probability, but I'm not taking any chances with my eyes.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.
      If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
        Guarder C4's have terrible weak frames, the pair I was borrowing cracked when I got hit from what i presumed was a sniper. They also fogged up all the time even when your not wearing mouth protection and have libeal amounts of antifog on. I really liked how low profile they were but they were just annoying.

Bought to a pair of ESS V12's and I've never looked back. I also wear these with the lower mesh facemask and have had no problems.

infact, there so good at not fogging up you can wear novelty facial disguises with them.
        Doing some research, I've found that these aren't recommended for airsoft. The only possible reason I can think of is because you can adjust the vents around the lenses and maybe the vents can be made large enough for speeding bb's to fit though. What would you say about that, what are the vents like? Any chance of some close up photos?

Comment

I'd say that ESS say that because they make Airsfoft specific goggles....
          Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
          Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

That goes for all ess goggles ,they just say that to cover themselves. A few big companys do that. The ess v12's are a good option imo.

Comment

I stand by ESS. I wear the ICE 2.4 glasses, but anything thats milspec is good for eyes. Ignore the "not for airsoft" thing. bits of flying shrapnel can be smaller and more lethal than BBs, and thats what they're designed to stop.
              Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
              ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
              a whole 85fps!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta149 View Post
                I stand by ESS. I wear the ICE 2.4 glasses, but anything thats milspec is good for eyes. Ignore the "not for airsoft" thing. bits of flying shrapnel can be smaller and more lethal than BBs, and thats what they're designed to stop.
                Face palm.

I think I'm getting too paranoid. I think mil-spec goggles will be fine.. Thanks lads.

Comment

Goggles with a balaclava works well for me.
                  Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                    Guarder C4's have terrible weak frames, the pair I was borrowing cracked when I got hit from what i presumed was a sniper. They also fogged up all the time even when your not wearing mouth protection and have libeal amounts of antifog on. I really liked how low profile they were but they were just annoying.

Bought to a pair of ESS V12's and I've never looked back. I also wear these with the lower mesh facemask and have had no problems.

infact, there so good at not fogging up you can wear novelty facial disguises with them.

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...t/c30f58d3.jpg
                    Just wanted to say thanks Another. I decided to go with the ESS V12's, got them brand new for £28 on bay of e. Have done some press ups, pull ups and weights with them on and absolutely no fogging. Solidly built and a big plus for me - fucking comfortable!

The hinge type join of the lenses and body was slightly rough on my nose but after a touch of diamond filing they're fucking perfect.

Can't wait to play with them. Thanks for the idea dude.

Oh, also got my Black Bear Raider in the post!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Smithles Find out more about Smithles
                    Working...
                    X