Hello All. Shopping List Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello All. Shopping List Help!

For my first ever Airsoft game i had my boots and cs95 camo. From there ive progressed to owning, PLCE webbing, 1 x multi cam plate carrier, 1 x tan plate carrier, osprey vest.

Ive got cs95, ddpm, mtp, black urban kit,

Currently have ics m4, ics ak74, kjw p226 and star sa80 and have had alot of other weapons.

The first weapon i purchased was an ICS M4(which i still own as i refuse to sell it) with retractable stock as i could use it not only for woodland but also cqb. Its full metal and performs faultlessly all the time, ive had probably 1mish rounds through it and only replaced the gears and hop twice! However i now never have any spare money as i find new toys to buy and play with!
    Kier - "Jamie did you really shag that bird in your body armour?"
    Jamie - "No!"
    Kier - "When she asked if you had protection, i think you got the wrong idea mate!"

Comment

While it's nice to have others opinions ultimatly we are not you...lol...So we don't know what will work the best.

For ease something like a G36 or an AUG, MP5 they are all ok.

For ease of use and storing batteries etc, full stocks are probably better as you can hide nice big batteries and fets in there no problem.

If you want looks and a compact gun for urban, look towards some of the smaller M4's that G and P offer with the sexy magpull stocks. Still fine in woodland but more suited to urban with the shorter barrels lighter weight. Could go on all night then there are all the AK varieties. Ultimatly RS goodies don't require any upgrading and you can pretty much knock nails in with them. VFC fantastic external quality but may need some upgrade internally to be as nice as the outside.

I would have a look arround and see what you like to see others using, then go from there.

Thats just the gun. I would say that one of the molle vest types would be better as you can add or take off pouches to suit all games.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks Midas, much appreciated!

I guess I'll just have to take a (careful) look at what other people are pointing at me.

One thing about the MOLLE vests. From what I've found out, I take it MOLLE is a standard fitting? But do vests not necessarily labelled as MOLLE compatible still fit with MOLLE pouches? For example is this...

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4287

...going to be compatible with MOLLE pouches and whatnots since it still has the strapping / weaving?

Comment

That looks the same but I would have a google for tac gear or molle systems or something...You never know what you might find.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yes, MOLLE pouches will fit fine. But for the same price you can get a warrior TMV base which are much better quality and for a mere 25 quid more you can get a warrior TMV full of pouches.
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the end of anything resembling a non minus figure bank account

For your fist 3 trips in no less than two months I would strongly recomend that all you really need to start is a bloody good pair of boots and good quality safety glasses which do not allow a bb underneath them! as a lot leave a lot of space around your eyes and guess what most people tend to get shot at an angle because a lot of us airsofters like to be sneaky.

I also totally agree with the rent to start with and speak nicely to as many people as you can and ask to have a look at as many weapons as you can and see what floats your boat.

Most everyone you ask will have a personal preferance which may not be you, so buy when you "KNOW" what you want and don't let anyone else talk you into "there" gun which shoots 1000 Gazzilllllion miles and can hit a flys cock at that range because they don't! they are bb guns.

Be realistic about your purchases and I would also suggest that you spend a sensible amount of money on your first purchase (Gun) and buy new it then means you will know it is legal for your site (make sure you ask them to set at your sites limits) and if it has a fault you have someone to speak to.

So after you have done your 3 over 2 find something you will want to keep long term. A set up budget I would guess around £500 - £600 which would cover a Rifle, spare mags, BB's, boots, glasses, gloves (if you must), Tac vest, gun bag, kit box, batteries, charger, radio and odds and sods which will take your fancy as you see bits n pieces. You should be able to get all of this if you are sensible but that will depend on how much you spend on your first rifle.

One of the most important thing is a radio especially if your doing woodland and having one guarantees you get to hear where the action is on site.

If you get bitten like most do you can find your expenditure runs into the 1000's and in some peoples case the 10's of 1000's (not to many in this bracket)

Too give you an idea if I was to go out and purchase everything again now from new I would take a guess at £5000 ish for everything.
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
              Working...
              X