Any point in an acog on an m4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any point in an acog on an m4?

Well most scopes contain tritium, its a gas that has been used in watches and other things, such as scopes. Leaks - aka, if there was a crack somewhere, and the gas started to leak, then the optics would be pretty much useless.

The SUSATs suffered from leaking - over time, and with poor maintenance.

As with the magnifications, it's already been said that there's not much point in anything ABOVE 4x magnification as in airsoft the increased power levels would be almost useless, as the weapons can't shoot past (about) 100 metres. I'm for anything UP to 4x magnification, although, agree that sniper rifles are exempt from this purely for cosmetic reasons! :D
    The biggest thing with a scope is not its magnification, but it's objective lens size... 32mm is the norm for ACOGs and similar, but 60mm is far preferred!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well most scopes contain tritium, its a gas that has been used in watches and other things, such as scopes. Leaks - aka, if there was a crack somewhere, and the gas started to leak, then the optics would be pretty much useless.

errrm do you know what the tritium does?

If it leaks its the scope is still useful. A airsoft ACOG won't have tritium in it full stop.
      I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

I've have both a 4x ACOG (with built in Iron sight) and an Aimpoint with 3x Magnifier.

I choose the ACOG every time as the eye relief is so much better.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
        Working...
        X