Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom paint job. Would this work?

Originally posted by SniperSayDIE View Post
    The best stencils iv'e used were made of acrylic plastic. Most decent secondarys schools have a Design Tech lab with a cutter im sure they could help you make for the right price
    It's been a few years since I've had access to a secondary school lol.

That book cover sticky stuff sounds like a very decent plan indeed though
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Personally Im not a fan of coloured guns other than black lol, but from the picture the colour looks like it would suit the gun layout quite well and picturing it in the flesh I reckon it would work well and wouldnt look out of place at all!

End of the day try it, if you like it and are happy you are sorted :D

Comment

Has anybody got a picture of anything painted in the olive krylon?

I can't find any other green options and don't have a clue what the finish would look like on that

Comment

Not great but maybe these will help give you an idea? (These arent mine btw)

Comment

Ah excellent. i had seen those put wasn't sure that was the olive. That's the colour I'm after definately. Thanks for that

Comment

Not a problem, looking at the paint on the pics and your design in the original post I think it will come out very nice in the flesh. For my 2p worth tho I would also paint the grip OD :D

Comment

Here's my Diablo. Not quite the same scheme as your 416 plan. The lower receiver is Krylon Olive Drab and the stock, ladder rails and foregrip are all Olive Drab too, but in their factory colour!

You can see the trades/markings easily enough so if you wanted them white you could get a narrow tip paint pen and try and go round them! For a stencil you need to search the Bay for Low Tack Frisket Film. You can cut out anything you want with a sharp craft knife!

Oddly enough I have an AGM416 in bits at the moment and I am deciding whether or not to paint it like your plan, but in Dark Earth!

Comment

OOO very nice. Thanks for sharing! I like that alot.

I won't be painting until next month when I can afford the expense but I will make sure I get some pics up!

Comment

I think it'll look good if painted properly. The olive & black go nicely together

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, Krylon will come off fairly easily. I've sprayed up numerous weapons, and they look great. But give it a couple of weeks at the paint has worn away in the contact areas. Good if you looking for that beat up special forces look (which works better with a dusting!). Not so good if you wanted something smart.

I'd looking pick up OD stock, pistol grip and RIS rail ladders. Not sure if you can buy an OD body though.

Comment

I'm not against a slightly worn look. Can always respray when it starts looking really tatty. Being all new furniture is really not an option for me. Struggled enough to find resources to piece this together. It's involved lot of swaps and resourcefulness

Comment

The problem I found was it wasn't so much wearing off in a nice worn look, but chipping off. Which look a bit pants really

Compare if you will the difference between first sprayed, and about a months use....

Comment

Well, to be honest, My Halfords Car Spray Paint, which was matt and in Olive Green, held for about 2 Years as far as i can judge. Then i sold it, i could bet it still is on there

Comment

Hmm...that's something to think about...anybody else suffering with krylon flakage? Did you use a primer aswell?

Car spray could be an option
                              Last edited by Roxy; 10 February, 2011, 00:37.

Comment

I gotta say, I've had my M14 painted with OD krylon for the best part of half a year, and it's still got a lovely look to it, even with only two coats (one of which was a sort of grey) I'll take a pic or two of it sometime soon for referance.
                                Oh, and it's also my main skirmish weapon so it's not lightly used either.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X