A question for Mid-cap users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Mid-cap users...

I'm coming back to airsoft after a 3 year gap so i'm basically starting from scratch in terms of buying kit.

I'm wanting to use 100rd Mid-caps as i previously found Hi-caps annoying with the rattling BB's and the winding, and so far i've bought 9x MAG M4 Mid-caps.

My question(s) to Mid-cap users is this:
    - How many Mid-caps (on average) do you take out with you?
    - Should i be looking at getting a few more just in case?

My thinking is that 9x 100rds only gives 900rds, which is the equivalent of 2 or 3 Hi-caps and i don't want to be 'caught short' when i start playing again in a few weeks time.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Re: A question for Mid-cap users...

I currently take out 6x90 round middys for MP5 and will last me a decent length game. 900 rounds per game seems more then enough.

Comment

i take out 8 mid caps - and 2 in reserve in a utility po

these either last me untill lunch time but usually untill the end of the day
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Hiya mate welcome back, i love midcaps, i usually take 5-6 out with me between 60-80rds per mag depending on gun , i work on 'high speed low drag' so i plan on only using 5 mags but i bomb them back up when im dead or get my mates to cover me after a firefight like. thats still around 300 rounds is ready to rock which in comparison to 'rl' is a fair whack of ammo, it also makes you think alot when you play about how far you can get on such an amount. if you gonna carry nearly 1000 rnds then u cud just stick to hicaps UNLESS you plan on them lasting you all day which is pretty cool way of going about it, just need a bigger dump pouch he he. i only have a small rig so only get room for a few mags if you got the space then load up all you think you will need, i started on 10 mids then as i played more i realised i was bombing up when dead or any free time so 4 mags didnt leave the pouch all game so i ditched them, all i can say is try it and see how you feel it plays out.
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

I think i'll stick with the 9 for now and see how that goes when i head over to GZ in a couple of weeks.

When i played before it was all too easy for me to 'spray and pray' with Hi-caps so restricting the amount i take out will help me focus on effective use of the ammo.

Can't wait to get started again now!

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
            I currently take out 6x90 round middys for MP5
            I take 8x 150 round MP5 mags, plus one 500 round hi-cap.

But then I am hard core, lol! :D (joke)

Comment

5 x 60rnds sometimes 6.

thats it - that'll do me for the day usually - although I always take a speed loader just in case.
              I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

600rnds in 5 120rnd midcaps - that's usually enough for a fair while for me. i always carry bagged ammo with me anyway so i can reload mid-way should I need to, although I nearly never need to
                WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Dam, i dont understand how you guys only go through 1000 bb's day...
                  You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

i use 13 120rd STAR L85 mags, there quality! the G&p tracer mags are good too man
                    Originally posted by bravotwozero
                    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

i have one high cap and two 110 Round midcaps... should have a speedloader soon to.. is that enough or should i invest in more?

chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

When I take out mids I usually take between 7 and 9 and I've never used them all up. I take out a speed loader and loose ammo too just in case.
                        I've got 14 mids which I take loaded but I leave the spare ones in the safezone so I can just swap mags at lunch to save time reloading.
                        The most mids I've ever carried before has been 13 on a BHD game where we didnt stop for lunch or have access to spare ammo apart from at set ammo drops mid way thru the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          I take 8x 150 round MP5 mags, plus one 500 round hi-cap.

But then I am hard core, lol! :D (joke)
                          Blimey!

And i still see you furiously top up with that evil speedloader!

Comment

i can go through 3 of my m249 box mags in one game lol, "not there to save bb's" lol, mate if ur wantint o save space get them battleaxe 1000rd sound mags, there crackin
                            Originally posted by bravotwozero
                            Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

at my skirmish on sunday we were out in the field all day and didnt go back to the safe zone

all i had was 6 mid caps and 2 lows and i managed to get more kills this day than i usually do and quite a bit of supressive fire
                              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

speedbird_666 Find out more about speedbird_666
                              Working...
                              X