British guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British guns...

its something to think about, always nice to do a role change especially if and when you do a sniper loadout and you end up getting kills youll be glad you did it.

Comment

just out of curiosity, what is the british standard issue pistol?

Comment

P226 I believe

Comment

what is the british standard issue pistol?
          SIG P226/9. Browning HP is still used though.

Comment

Browning Hi Power and the Sig P226, the 229 is also issued to some units (RMP CP, 1 PARA and such)

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Modizlw

If you want to do a british sniper loadout you have a choice to make, british woodland "in training" loadout which consists of a l96 and l85 drag bag etc, or afghan where you can get away with a pistol n rifle.

Why, the British Army has operated in many countries. Could be a sniper in WWI France, WWII Germany, Falkland Islands etc. For a more modern look how about Kosovo or Iraq. For a more unusual look how about an Operation Nimrod Sniper, he would probably have a Browning and an MP6 swell as his long.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

you quoted the wrong person

and i said that because its the easiest to understand, i doubt people knew what a sniper had in kosovo or something, its easier to obtain videos n pics of snipers in training etc.

Comment

WWI - Enfield No. 1 MkIII some had optics but only later in the war.
                  WWII - Enfield No.4 Mk1/2/3 with a scope
                  Falkland - SLR with a NIght vision Scope, Enfield Enforcer, L42A1
                  Kosovo - L96A1

Nimrod would have been L42A1's and I doubt they would have had the Mp5 with them if they were on the sniper detail.

The OP asked about a backup for his L96.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                    No not loadouts the style of play the whole "i can run around with a sniper rifle do 360 jump and hit someone"
                    Ha, The first day my l96 arrived, i had to try it. i hung a can of coke from the balcony, and just kept spinning around trying to hit it from about 5m away. And on the 15th or so bb, i hit it. I was thinking this would never happen, but it did. I regretted all of the spinning especially after a pint and a meal. >.<

Comment

Nimrod would have been L42A1's and I doubt they would have had the Mp5 with them if they were on the sniper detail.

IIRC in one of the Eddie Stone he or one of them stated that the Snipers would have assault kit as well in case they needed to move up.
                      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

it may not be real issue but in airsoft a sniper needs a side arm,after all in the real world ther are no minimum engagement 25m rules .

Comment

i would say get a pistol or at a stretch an mp5, as said before the tm 226 is a good option. the only problem i would see is if you suddenly wanted to switch roles its not really practical to stick a long rifle on your back to use just your pistol or maybe an mp5. i wouldnt personally want to carry a long rifle AND an l85 but i suppose its personal choice at the end of the day

Comment

if you want a modern brithish sniper loadout that is sutible to airsoft, make a sharpshooter rifel (i know easier said than done), its more or less an ca 25 (some might come up with better examples) that way you can have an aeg that looks like a sniper riffle and then get a p226! or if you want a single action rifle its the .338!
                            boobies make me smile

Comment

hi guys, i was just wondering. havent some units in the army been issued with sr25 for a dmr role and if so couldnt this be a route to go down?

Comment

Nope they have been issued with the LM7/ L129

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
                                Working...
                                X