best make for a m16 armalite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best make for a m16 armalite

hey guys n gals i dont want to take much time on this iv been youtubing , googling and listening to friends views on what make is best regarding m16 variants however i am none the wiser ?????????
    i have been looking at the G&P m5 ras GP307 and the G&G GR16 R5 *BLOWBACK* as candidates
    however i would like everyone's opinions to help me make a sound choice

i would greatly appreciate any helpful response

tak88
    sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Re: best make for a m16 armalite

There a million of these thread please search next time but anyway G&P all the way!

Comment

???????????
      sigpic

Comment

The G&G GR16 R5 isn't blowback mate. It's one of G&G's proline model. Not sportsline

Scratch that above comment, seems they now do a blowback model. I'd find out which internals it's based on first. If it's the cheaper sportsline internals that's a rip off. If it is indeed proline internals then it's definately worth the price

Comment

I'd choose G&G over G&P personally. Lot's of people however will sway in the G&P direction

Comment

Originally posted by TAKEDA88 View Post
            ???????????
            I was saying there are millions of zeroin threads on best armalite and you should just search instead of creating a new one....

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
              I'd choose G&G over G&P personally. Lot's of people however will sway in the G&P direction
              if you dont mind me asking what it is in particular that sways you to G&G
              sigpic

Comment

I find G&G's gears to be of a much higher standard than the G&P ones. Also the G&G will work perfectly fine out of the box. The G&P uses the M120 motor, which i feel for a stock gun is too powerful. They haven't modded the piston to be able to cope with the ROF the M120 produces. So the Piston will wear much faster than the G&G one would.

Also the G&G has a reinforced AR latch, a stronger gearbox casing and i'd say a better piston too.

The G&P's externals are better. Armalite wise G&P are amongst the best for externals. But i'd rate G&G's internals overall better. And for me internals are more important.

Oh and the G&G's are site friendly out of the box. Whereas the G&P will more than likely need downgrading.

All the above is from personal experience. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and mine is as above.

Comment

cheers mate great info
                  sigpic

Comment

Always happy to help mate. If you can get to a shop to try them out first, it would be ideal. That way you can make an informed purchase. And be totally happy that you picked the correct one. Failing that have a trawl around google for some reviews. Be sure to look at reviews from the U.K though. I find alot of U.S reviews to be garbage, as whichever has the highest FPS and ROF always wins over there.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                      Always happy to help mate. If you can get to a shop to try them out first, it would be ideal. That way you can make an informed purchase. And be totally happy that you picked the correct one. Failing that have a trawl around google for some reviews. Be sure to look at reviews from the U.K though. I find alot of U.S reviews to be garbage, as whichever has the highest FPS and ROF always wins over there.
                      yes thats exactly why i am slightly confused with choosing a gun as the majority of the reviews on the web are done by little yanks or bias companies which never really tell you all the useful stuff that a buy would want , having owned a tm recoil has made it difficult to choose a new gun i know the blow back will never have the same feel as the tm sopmod's but at least its a +1 for G&G lol
                      sigpic

Comment

For calue for money it's G&P all the way, the external finish is excelent as is the performance. They are generally 350-360fps out of the box though, so this means that for a lot of sites you will have to downgrade. If you've got the cash though, get a TM Pro Line recoil model, they are stunning out of the box.

I've had around a dozen armalites from various sources over the years, here's my experience of the brands I've owned:

CA - Nice internally, poor hop rubber, average externals compared to other brands in the same price range.
                        TM - everything bar the new pro-line guns are a bit outdated now. Solid perfomance but vunerable plastic bodies make them a poor choice these days.
                        TM Pro-Line - Internally excellent and externals are almost as good as G&P, pricey though. Recoil and EBB, working bolt catch. Delicious.
                        G&P - Beautiful externals and finish, good internals (I've not had a bad one, though others do mention gears)... best source for classic armalites by far.
                        JG - Plastic bodied JG armalites are close TM clones and in general are great for the money. Like most chinese imports they tend to fire a bit hot.
                        Dboys - Shoddy fit of parts in my experience, not worth the hassle.
                        CA Sportline - Quite nice externally for a plastic bodied gun, however the internals on the two our team had were worse than any of the chinasoft I'd seen.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
                          For calue for money it's G&P all the way, the external finish is excelent as is the performance. They are generally 350-360fps out of the box though, so this means that for a lot of sites you will have to downgrade. If you've got the cash though, get a TM Pro Line recoil model, they are stunning out of the box.

I've had around a dozen armalites from various sources over the years, here's my experience of the brands I've owned:

CA - Nice internally, poor hop rubber, average externals compared to other brands in the same price range.
                          TM - everything bar the new pro-line guns are a bit outdated now. Solid perfomance but vunerable plastic bodies make them a poor choice these days.
                          TM Pro-Line - Internally excellent and externals are almost as good as G&P, pricey though. Recoil and EBB, working bolt catch. Delicious.
                          G&P - Beautiful externals and finish, good internals (I've not had a bad one, though others do mention gears)... best source for classic armalites by far.
                          JG - Plastic bodied JG armalites are close TM clones and in general are great for the money. Like most chinese imports they tend to fire a bit hot.
                          Dboys - Shoddy fit of parts in my experience, not worth the hassle.
                          CA Sportline - Quite nice externally for a plastic bodied gun, however the internals on the two our team had were worse than any of the chinasoft I'd seen.
                          Gold dust thank you
                          sigpic

Comment

Do KWA make an m16? if they do i would say look into that.
                            sigpic

Comment

It all depends on what is the most important factor for you.

Also did I see that you were after a Nam' era M16 (not too sure form the OP)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TAKEDA88 Film industry Find out more about TAKEDA88
                              Working...
                              X