Very Specific: Glock vs 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Specific: Glock vs 1911

It has to be Glock, you said every man and his dog has one, so if you need a mag on the field, youve got one, replacement parts, they are 2 a penny and as long as its TM compatible it's even easier. Glock 18c has a full auto capability, yes maybe the selector isnt visually pleasing, but there may be a point you wish you have full auto. Just remember the pistols must function effectively, not look pretty when it is the only weapon you are going out with.

Comment

1911 is for me. Whilst I appreciate all this ultra ergonomic polymer and futuristic appearance, I still think a classic 1911 is handgun perfection.

Comment

Single stack mags... Meh.

Comment

I prefer Corn Flakes over Rice Crispies, and I prefer the Glock 17 over the 1911.

As far as I'm concerned, it's much of a muchness. I know that's not very helpful, but dammit man, grow a "pair", make a decision, and deal with the consequences.
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
            Single stack mags... Meh.
            You actually get double stack capacity in the TM Colt mags but only the single stack amount of gas reservoir. So you have the same approximate number of rounds, just not necessarily enough gas to fire them all off! In summer you do, winter.... Bit like a fart in the fog.

Comment

Glocks are for people with no souls.
              > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

1911. Although I much prefer a Hicapa which is based on a 1911 chassis and idea, with an ambi safety catch and a grip saftey too. How you cant love the TM version is beyond me, but everyone to their own really.
                Glocks are ok to use, but I much prefer the look and feel of a 1911, and if you get a Kimber or desert warrior style, it has a rail anyway as does the Hicapa, it just needs fitting.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Glocks are boring, have no character, seen everywhere and generally look utter crap. Id have a 12 round 1911 to a glock any day of the week.

On a side note, the newer TM Glock is quite a good gun, just a shame its a glock... lol

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Noticing an earlier post about the Hicapa being ugly. How? Its a 1911 with a bigger grip for the twin stack and a square trigger guard, which can be replaced with a tanio kobe one which has the round trigger guard on it to resemble the 1911 shape, the gun also has a slightly squarer profile, albeit not as square as the squareiest gun of all.... You guessed it, the Glock.
                    I have WA kimber which is nice, just not reliable enough really (its a WA, cant expect reliability out of it) and I have a custom Kimber Hi capa, would I sell or swap them? Na not a chance, especially the Hicapa, it scares veteran players and terrifies rentals with the noise and the range. I find a Glock just doesnt have that "Oh f**k, hes got his pistol out again" factor, a pimped and tweaked 1911/hicapa, oh boy it does!
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Has anyone on here won a pistol comp that include the best people for airsoft?

Neither have I but ..... The winner and all others used 1911 and hi cappa so there.

(FYI out of a possible fifty regs on our site more than half have systems and know how to use them)
                      I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                        Has anyone on here won a pistol comp that include the best people for airsoft?

Neither have I but ..... The winner and all others used 1911 and hi cappa so there.

(FYI out of a possible fifty regs on our site more than half have systems and know how to use them)
                        ... What?

Comment

Other, Kwa ns2 p226 . Works great in all weathers (and it's Metal) , great gas capacity , powerful and reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthairsofter View Post
                            Other, Kwa ns2 p226 . Works great in all weathers (and it's Metal) , great gas capacity , powerful and reliable.
                            Oh and it's great to hold and heavy weight( which is a pro IMO)

Comment

1911 out of the 3 just as i like the 1911 and hate glocks, but i would grab myself a P226 or a colt python

Comment

By looking at my name you can tell which i prefer, but for the most part a 1911 is the easier option due to easy upgrading on most models lots of variation in look and hate to admit it but better ergonomics.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dom S just finished school to end up in some crappy shop job Find out more about Dom S
                                Working...
                                X