Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions: Guns, UKARA and general stuff

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
    The socom is over rated. Just 'cause it looks da best, doesn't mean it "can out
    i dont like the look of it :p or rate it.. i like a nice kick on a pistol.. but each to their own
    sigpic
    9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice guys
      .::ICS M4 CQB Carbine::.

Comment

::Sorry for the double post my internet cacked up::

after taking in what you guys have said i defined my search.

i could go to a couple of games on rentals but by that time i could have got my own AEG, and i do get in depth with these sorts of things and would go regularly with my friend.

i was thinking.....

G&G Combat Machine Entry Level M4A1 Carbine
        or
        G36

any thoughts

Comment

tbh search through the "new player" section of the forum for more info

there has been topics covering g36s and the combat machine a few times so definatly check that out

tbh - first pick a gun you like the look of - then try and find the best brand you can for the money you have

Japan rules the waves but there are decent offerings by chinese manufacturers if you cannot afford the premium prices (jg etc spring to mind)

taiwanese companies (ie G&G) are a good stepping stone manufacturer
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

most g&g guns cost the same/more than tm guns apart from combat mashers

Comment

Hey what is your opinon on the D boys SCAR?

Comment

ive had a quick go with a dboys scar, and from what ive seen, its a pretty good weapon, shoots well, but can be a bit fragile. Youll also find it a PITA to get it 2 toned, at any sort of reasonable price.

You mentioned the g36c. As pretty much always happens, I, AND A LARGE MAJORITY OF OTHERS, WOULD RECOMMEND THE G36C BY JING GONG AS A STARTER WEAPON.

It shoots great, accurate, good range, good rof, there are a large number of extras for it, and its pretty much indestructable, as far as AEG's go. And as they are available, in 2 tone, for under £100 delivered, that would be my choice.

Though to be honest mate, i know it feels like you really wanna get your gun as soon as your 18, and consequently it will need to be 2 tone FROM THE PREVIOUSLY STATED INFORMATION (not aimed at you, at others, who may question without reading what has already been said)

I would advise against this, your better off just renting/borrowing off a mate for your mandatory 3 games, and then getting it in a much sexier black. this way, itll be easier to sell on, will look nicer, and wont be such a liability

My $0.02

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

Top advice, I'd say a JG G36 or a JG MP5 every time for a "newbie" weapon

I think they are something like 70 pounds from a certain hong kong retailer, absolute steal.... get 2!

Comment

As mentioned at many points on most threads like this one, ask at skirmishes if you can look at other peoples kit, we airsofters like nothing more than talking people to death about our AEG's, vests and the wonderful new pouches we've got (my fave is my Tasmanian Tiger molle pouch for 20 fags and lighter).
                    Theres so many types of vest/ webbing/ plate carriers out there, not to mention differant pattern combats.
                    If you see what you like, ask what it is, wether the pouches are included, where to get
                    one. Its how i started out.
                    Ratty
                    Trader Feedback.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                      Top advice, I'd say a JG G36 or a JG MP5 every time for a "newbie" weapon

I think they are something like 70 pounds from a certain hong kong retailer, absolute steal.... get 2!
                      JG MP5 is too fragile, cracp range/accuracy. And the size of the mags make me want to cry.

And the G36C has 2 ras rais, and so much room for moding. G36C is so much better imo.

G36C quote of the week:
                      Originally posted by Some Newbie
                      When will the metal body come out for the G36's?
                      TM VSR-10 GSPEC
                      Originally posted by aeviv
                      I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Comment

TM MK23 Socom Pistol all the way!

Shooting as far and more accurate as a new aeg! But with added silence!

Very reliable.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.
                          another question:
                          is the M100 or J1 really necessary. i know skirmish sites do have limits on FPS for obvious reasons (going into CQB with a 400 FPS AEG), but are the upgrade springs really a must have.
                          using the G36C as an example what would be the estimate 'out-of-the-box' FPS?

sorry about all of the question i just think it's a good thing to ask rather than making a silly mistake later on.
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran_Clinch View Post
                            Thanks for the tips guys.
                            another question:
                            is the M100 or J1 really necessary. i know skirmish sites do have limits on FPS for obvious reasons (going into CQB with a 400 FPS AEG), but are the upgrade springs really a must have.
                            using the G36C as an example what would be the estimate 'out-of-the-box' FPS?

sorry about all of the question i just think it's a good thing to ask rather than making a silly mistake later on.
                            thanks
                            Depends on the make of the RIF. Retailers usualy sell them at suitable FPS. Alot of boxes state the FPS it fires at. Of course it can be upgraded but not required.

My Ares Tavor fires at 340 out the box and has since stayed at that level. No need to upgrade the spring.

Comment

Come on guy's stop spamming the thread compairing MK23's ect.

Hi Kieran,

When they say spring "upgrade" I think they are refering to putting a better quality one in there even though the main point of doing this on the cheap soft versions is to bring the FPS down.

My JG G36 was about 380fps out the box, saying that I have never heared of someone getting a new JG that's under 350 fps out the box so it is worth having the a m100 or J1 put in there.

If you know you want to get into airsoft then why not get a two tone then once you get your defence (Ukara or local site membership ect) sorted, sand down the bright colours and spray the parts black? Thats what I did anyway.

Pistols are fun but they end up costing just as much once you buy enough mags to use it as a primary, I'd suggest starting with a AEG as they are also a lot more reliable, then get into the pistol scene once you have played for a while.

Leon

Edit, also I wouldn't trust the FPS on the box of a cheap soft RIF.

My feed back
                              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieran_Clinch Find out more about Kieran_Clinch
                              Working...
                              X