which propane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which propane?

Ok, so i've decided to go down the propane route, i've managed to get myself an AI v5 adapter, so now all i need to do is choose the right canister...

First off when browsing the web at different canisters, i've seen some 'propane/butane' and then just 'propane' canisters, is there any difference, or can the butane one not be used in airsoft guns?

Next, i'd like a smallish cannister if possible so it's easy enough to carry it around, but still at a cheap price, can anyone reccomend a cannister?

I've also seen a 475g colemans bottle, i can get 2 for £15, which seems cheap enough, 1) how long would these last, 2) are they BIG bottles?

Finally, i have a b&q about 10minutes away, does anyone get their propane from their? I've looked online and the selection doesn't look great, but it may be different in store?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: which propane?

Never get butane mix. Always just propane. Colemans are the cannisters everyone buys, and that the adapter definately works with.

B&Q prices are pretty bad apparently. If you have a blacks near you, they sell a pair of the cannisters for £10. Bargain!

Comment

Colemans Propane, You normally get them in a 2 pack for around £15 like you say

They last for ages and ages. i would guestimate an that i get about 3 bottles of green worth from one can of propane

As far as i know these are the only one you can use with the propane adapters so i dont think you will get any smaller.

If your looking to carry some around i would say get a small gas container that you fill up with propane and then use it to fill up your mags.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
        Colemans Propane, You normally get them in a 2 pack for around £15 like you say

They last for ages and ages. i would guestimate an that i get about 3 bottles of green worth from one can of propane

As far as i know these are the only one you can use with the propane adapters so i dont think you will get any smaller.

If your looking to carry some around i would say get a small gas container that you fill up with propane and then use it to fill up your mags.
        Spot on in all aspects.

Use a gas grenade charger, you can use that pre mixed with silicone. Carrying a colemans about isnt practical, youd have to stop, screw on the adapter, add the lube and fill, serious pain in the ass if you run out stuck in a building thats being hammered with bbs lol
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Right, how many mags would a gas charger roughly fill? and does it keep it's charge or a full day, or does the gas slowly leak out?

ta

Comment

I know this may sound silly but just make sure that what ever you are using the propane with WILL take the extra pressure, as some guns, nades and mags are not designed for it and have a tendency to explode or leak. This can be an even greater problem in hot weather as this increases the pressure of any gas even more. Very surprised that nobody has said this before given the rank of some people posting replys and advice. This IS an issue, dont play it down.

As for mixed gas, no. Only use pure propane. The gas charger route is a good one, just spend the money on a good quality one that CAN TAKE PROPANE (some cant) and you should be fine.
            Last edited by MAGNAREZ; 31 May, 2011, 10:32. Reason: update
            "If you got shit on your doorstep dont go scrubbing others doorsteps before you scrub you own"

Comment

Originally posted by MAGNAREZ View Post
              I know this may sound silly but just make sure that what ever you are using the propane with WILL take the extra pressure, as some guns, nades and mags are not designed for it and have a tendency to explode or leak. This can be an even greater problem in hot weather as this increases the pressure of any gas even more. Very surprised that nobody has said this before given the rank of some people posting replys and advice. This IS an issue, dont play it down.

What the hell are you talking about?

Ive never heard of or seen a gun explode due to using propane, the only possibly guns that may have a problem with propane are the old, old ooold TM guns, cheap chinese guns with crap plastic/pot metal and non blow back weapons such as revolvers and Mk23s. Even then a TM Mk23 will happily take propane, the mags will just leak a bit, which you can overcome by buying AGG mags for it.

Comment

The gas charger route is a good one, just spend the money on a good quality one that CAN TAKE PROPANE
                Right, so what would be a good quality one to you, and how will i know if it can take propane?

Comment

Where did you get that info out of genuine interest? GREEN GAS is the comercial airsoft name for propane, it just has silicone added to lube the seals, agreed some pistols are not designed for green and could shatter the top slide, but all rifles are..

Also i know exactly what gun and mags hes on about, i sold it to him!

Josh: the flash bang grenades give you about 2-3 mags, treat them like a mag in their own right, seals and valve nedd the same love

As for post count, dont rely on that, most of mine is mindless rambling..:D

EDIT: Tiercel, you ninja, well played sir, and well put:D

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
                    Right, how many mags would a gas charger roughly fill? and does it keep it's charge or a full day, or does the gas slowly leak out?

ta

Z1 sell them, have a look on thier site, I think theyre about £30, come in flashbang or frag style, they look rather nifty Ive been thinking of getting one but TBH I just carry a load of gassed up mags instead Never had to re-gas a mag in the field, I carry about 5 pistol mags, each fully filled with gas will get at least 2 full mags of bbs out of them, so about 10 pistol mags? More than enough :D

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                      the flash bang grenades give you about 2-3 mags, treat them like a mag in their own right, seals and valve nedd the same love
                      i thought they gave around 6 refills! Oh well never mind, are all makes of chargers pretty much the same? And what kind of love do i need to give them...

Comment

i thought they gave around 6 refills! Oh well never mind, are all makes of chargers pretty much the same? And what kind of love do i need to give them...
                        I think only one company makes them :x dont quote me on that though. As for TLC, just the same as any other gas product, keep the seals lubed, keep it stored with gas in it, and give it a few drops of sillycorn every 5 or 6 fills.

Comment

I think the chargers are a waste of time. Gas your mags BEFORE the game, and you wont run out!?

You need a drop of silicone oil every few mag fills to keep the seals in working order. Thats all the love theyll need

Comment

Pure manly love

I carry 2 of the vfc ones and that suffices, M14, M4 or PDW remember youre not going to be smashing through the bbs like you would with an aeg so gas does'nt go as quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                              give it a few drops of sillycorn every 5 or 6 fills.
                              If i'm using the propane adapter, do i still need to do this since i'll be putting the oil in it anyway? Or were you just meaning fore me to do that? Sorry if i've confuzzled you lol!

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                              I carry 2 of the vfc ones
                              Wait, isn't VFC gay?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X