Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which propane?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    I think the chargers are a waste of time. Gas your mags BEFORE the game, and you wont run out!?

You need a drop of silicone oil every few mag fills to keep the seals in working order. Thats all the love theyll need

Depend on length of game mate and also unless you're a lottery winner you may not have the luxary of carrying 10 mags, maybe 2 or 3 to start with
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
      Depend on length of game mate and also unless you're a lottery winner you may not have the luxary of carrying 10 mags, maybe 2 or 3 to start with
      I only have 3 mags, and have yet to run out of gas (apart from once or twice because I forgot to fill them in the first place!)

Ive never had the time in the middle of a game to completely refil a pistol mag, and then gas it up

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
        unless you're a lottery winner you may not have the luxary of carrying 10 mags, maybe 2 or 3 to start with
        Can say that again, 2 mags for the m14 cost me 60quid, and that's not inc. customs charges if i'm gonna get any...

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
          If i'm using the propane adapter, do i still need to do this since i'll be putting the oil in it anyway? Or were you just meaning fore me to do that? Sorry if i've confuzzled you lol!
          Do both A few drops in the adaptor, and at least once a month put a few drops in the mag valve and gas router/vent ontop. You might want to completely empty the mag of gas, then put some silicon in the vent ontop and push the valve on the back in and out a few times, so the silicon works down into the release valve and keeps all those seals in good nick too.

Comment

Well ok, you sold it to him, its a given that you will know what he can use, but in the thread it dont say that so nobody was not to know. Green gas IS up to 95% propane and usualy 1% silicon. The other 4% is a mix of iso gas blends that change the expansion rate of the gas when the said weapon is fired. That is why you get different power from different brands as they use different gas blends. Usually small amounts of iso butane, iso propane and other alkanes. If they say 100% propane this still incudes the iso propane. Quit often they state "quote, Alkane 95%-100%) Propane is an alkane but so are many other gases.

My ksc g19:-
            green gas 210 fps on .2s
            propane colemans 310 fps on .2s

Just trying to ensure he knows so ho dont have a miss hap!:D
            "If you got shit on your doorstep dont go scrubbing others doorsteps before you scrub you own"

Comment

it is good practice to keep seals and mags lubed but just be sure to clean the hopup before a game as using too much silicon may coat your hopup and render it useless until cleaned.
              "If you got shit on your doorstep dont go scrubbing others doorsteps before you scrub you own"

Comment

I only have 3 mags, and have yet to run out of gas (apart from once or twice because I forgot to fill them in the first place!)

Ive never had the time in the middle of a game to completely refil a pistol mag, and then gas it up
                Ahh pistolas fair enough mate but the references are to Gbbrs and therefore primary weapon

Comment

Oh sorry I missed that bit!

Comment

get colemans they are topper , big bottles but small enough to carry in a utility. for use with a sniper or primary. for pistol i just fill up a few mags at the safe zone and then fill em up again when im back at the car

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                      get colemans they are topper , big bottles but small enough to carry in a utility. for use with a sniper or primary. for pistol i just fill up a few mags at the safe zone and then fill em up again when im back at the car
                      So those 475g colemans would fit in a utility pouch?! thought they were alot bigger than that, cheers!

Comment

Oh sorry I missed that bit!
                        Shame on you, you'd never catch me doing that....ahem

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
                          So those 475g colemans would fit in a utility pouch?! thought they were alot bigger than that, cheers!
                          Just remember the point i said about carrying the whole can, adds a lot of time, and nause, potential for snapped adapter if you leave it on..

Comment

Originally posted by MAGNAREZ View Post

My ksc g19:-
                            green gas 210 fps on .2s
                            propane colemans 310 fps on .2s
                            I find it difficult to believe that your glock has 100 fps difference on what should be virtually the same gas. 210 should be more like what you get on duster/134a...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
                              I find it difficult to believe that your glock has 100 fps difference on what should be virtually the same gas. 210 should be more like what you get on duster/134a...
                              Well that is the case. I found it hard to believe to start with when I used my chrono then I used all three of the site chronos and they just verified my results. This may not be the same with all weapons. Hang on, I will try again now. back in 5.

Comment

I noticed a 10fps increase on my TM hicapa, but the slide didn't half hit harder, I can't see a nearly 100fps increase unless you were using some really poor gas to start with!
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                                Working...
                                X