Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P90 Box Mag (Good or Bad)?

Originally posted by Dan SG-7 View Post
    Though I hate the look of box mags on a P90, it's your gun. You can do whatever you like to it. I would, however, worry about the P90's internals, as running it like a support gun will wear something out eventually, and fixing problem after problem with prolonged use (along with presumably high BB consumption) will get expensive.
    the version 6 stock tm gearbox will take a hell of a lot of rounds before anything goes wrong in it! its miles more reliable and better designed than ver.2's
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I was thinking of the other P90 makes out there, but yes, the TM P90 will take a lot of wear before giving in. Mine is I think third hand by now, and the only thing that has gone wrong is a fuse, so TM know what they're doing. I'm just suggesting that OP be careful.
      Failure is always an option.

Comment

the OP does say he is using a TM p90

Comment

Following from the title stock aeg plus box mag bad. If you really have to run a box mag please at least get a proper support weapon, if that seems like too much weight then the hurricane shrike kit is lightweight and box fed.
          Originally posted by tackle
          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
            I have a KS box mag which i am bored of tbh and am considering selling it. Made well and fits well i the gun. If your interested i can sell it for like £15 to you so you can see if you like it?
            I would suggest taking up this offer, rather than shelling out far more for something you may not want to continue using.

Comment

The way I look at it is this:

I hate the look of the P90.

I hate the ergonomics of the P90.

The only thing that I think looks worse than a P90 is a P90 with a box mag.

I hate box mags on anything other than real-world support weapons.

I hate it when people can't shoot worth sh*t and spray a billion rounds instead.

BUT:

It's your gun and you can do exactly what you want to it.

If you want an ugly MF as your primary that's your choice.

Don't let anyone dictate the choices you make in life, otherwise you'll always be able to blame other people for your own f**k-ups.

BUT:

Get on a site and ruin the game play for everyone else by spraying BBs everywhere and creating unnatural choke points and you'll get very unpopular vary fast. At some sites I know, they'll stop you using the box mag anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

robin, i don't mean to be trolling away on this thread here however what do you mean by unnatural choke points? surely if people are dieing for realism all the time, then someone with a boxmag creates more firepower, and makes it harder to play against? in a real gun fight (which i suppose is the height of realism) you wouldn't run around a corner if someone had fired more than two shots at you and in my eyes someone like the OP re-creates this fear more effectively! i personally think airsoft is a game, and if people complain about realism then you need to remember that you are playing a non lethal game, than will not kill anyone, with toy guns firing plastic bb's!
                in my eyes strive for realism and don't complain about the firepower of peoples guns, or accept that airsoft has it's limits of realism!

just to clarify i do not mean the above in a trolling way whatsoever, just a few thoughts i have on the matter! please don't take it the wrong way!

Comment

certainly some strong opinions about boxmags here - some a little OTT

and most of the posts are not answering the OP's question, which was about the different boxmag manufacturers

as balaclava ben said a few posts back - the clone boxmags will do the same job as the overpriced laylax version. just ensure you use a good M4 hi-cap mag (i'm currently liking the Lonex pullchord mags)

how the P90 looks, with or without a boxmag, is just down to personal taste, and wasn't in question anyway
                  h e y d r i c h
                  L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

What Heydrich said.
                    I'm surprised the mods haven't edited the hell out of this thread - They're usually a PITA with such moderation.

Comment

a boxmag can be more easier to operate - no need to carry the p90 mags, no restriction to mid caps. just insert mag into box mag, and fill with bb's. i have a p90 with a box mag, but i use it as a backup. very useful in tight situations

Comment

I love the box mag because
                        It makes mags a whole load easier to carry.
                        Found they feed better on high speed set ups .

But I hate if people do this
                        use highcaps with them and fill the hopper all the way 1500 bb spray just stupid.
                        Also makes loads of noice if you fill the hopper up.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                          I'm surprised the mods haven't edited the hell out of this thread - They're usually a PITA with such moderation.
                          If we're such a PITA, sod off and find another forum!

There's been nothing in this thread to warrant any moderation. Nobody has attacked anyone else, there's been no use of swearing, or links to other retailers. Don't break the rules and we don't moderate things.

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                          robin, i don't mean to be trolling away on this thread here however what do you mean by unnatural choke points? surely if people are dieing for realism all the time, then someone with a boxmag creates more firepower, and makes it harder to play against? in a real gun fight (which i suppose is the height of realism) you wouldn't run around a corner if someone had fired more than two shots at you and in my eyes someone like the OP re-creates this fear more effectively! i personally think airsoft is a game, and if people complain about realism then you need to remember that you are playing a non lethal game, than will not kill anyone, with toy guns firing plastic bb's!
                          in my eyes strive for realism and don't complain about the firepower of peoples guns, or accept that airsoft has it's limits of realism!

just to clarify i do not mean the above in a trolling way whatsoever, just a few thoughts i have on the matter! please don't take it the wrong way!
                          1 player with a box mag can hold up a game for so long that the game play just dies a death. In the real world, a support gunner might have a nice amount of link, but they can't fire a solid wall of rounds or they'd melt the barrel. Some, and it is only some, players with boxmags don't use them as anything other than a way of firing continuously for so long that there's no hope of a tactical approach to them. In the real world there would be pauses and that's the time you try to take the gunner out.

I'm the first person to recognise that there's a whole world of difference between airsoft and real world tactics (after all, I was taught the real world stuff before most members here were born!), but while a highcap hero is a pain though they can be played around (highcaps need winding, giving you the chance to something about them). An idiot with a boxmag can stall the game-play so far beyond the point that it's realistic that you're only option is to sod-off back to the safe zone for a cup of tea.

Like I said, I don't like boxmags on anything other than support weapons, but I don't have an issue with them per-se. It's the people who misuse them that I commented on.
                          sigpic

Comment

i was under the impression that the p90 m4 mag conversion kit,only becomes a box mag when the hopper is filled with bbs, otherwise its just a p90 with an m4 mag
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

there's always the option to shoot/kill the player 'holding up the game with a boxmag'
                              h e y d r i c h
                              L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
                                there's always the option to shoot/kill the player 'holding up the game with a boxmag'
                                But, only if you can get your head round the corner so that you're weapon isn't blind firing at the player with the boxmag putting 25rps down in a wild spray.

Thinking about it, that's another weakness of them in airsoft. In the real world, you can always lob grenades as hard as you want, fire RPGs and blow the cr*p out of their cover, blind fire your assault rifle, call in an airstrike!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dwarfgold Find out more about dwarfgold
                                Working...
                                X