This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping as a beginner

I am hoping to spend my hard earned cash on an Warrior L96 Two Tone. The reason I want to Snipe is because I dont use as much ammo as an AEG would. People say starting off as a sniper is baad because I would compare it to other things (CoD4 for Example) But I wouldnt. I would appreciate the tactics of sniping in a different (spelling) way, and use it correctly in a woodland enviroment.

Also my dad wont let me get a JG G36c, So I have no real choice...

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Re: Sniping as a beginner

dont realy see the point to this thread.
    But i have no objective to someone starting as a sniper,90% of people that do/try it dont last or arent that good at it.
    its there cash to waste, ive seen so may over the years come and go within weeks of starting and waiste there cash doing so.

what i have a problem with is

new player picking up a rifle they cant control or dont know how to use properly.(500fps being the real worrie)

new players demanding to run 500fps when they havnt even used the gun stock(or buying ACM that are 500fps out the box)

new players that cant judge distance

and the one that will most doutedly get the most critisism

players under 18 using 500fps rifles

this is what bothers me

sadly airsoft has changed for the worst over the last 8 or so years ive been playing.everyone is power mad now and alot of new players just seem to be total idiots
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

well mate welcome to airsoft , but as youve already been told the sniper role isnt a good choice for a newbie as there are certain things you need to know about the style before can play as one .

and ref cod4 most new sniper's do play as they wielding a m99 barret .

but aeg would be better for starters mate til you get a feel for the game and speed and pace . then ask around with few sniper players to hold shoot and ask them questions about the roll mate

Comment

Why does you dad object to the G36?
        If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

do not snipe as a beginner mate get an aeg and read up on the role as it is nuthin like cod 4 wer u get millions of kills ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to airsofting dude, why not try an M14?
            Its a beautiful mix of assault rifle and sniper.
            Semi for the occasional long distance and Full auto for when the shizzle hits the fan.

Gaz.
            Last edited by 36CrazyFists; 4 August, 2009, 19:29. Reason: spelling error.

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

m14 is most defo the best choice

Comment

Yep or a SR 25 and similar

Comment

If his dad doesnt want him buying a G36C he's more than likely not going to let him buy an M14, why does he object to you buying a G36C and not an L96. And yeah. Dont buy the warrior L96s, thier shite. If you MUST buy a sniper, which i really would recommend you avoid the L96, and buy the JG BAR-10.

But seriously, do not buy a sniper for your first gun, SO many airsofters start thinking they'd love sniping (myself included) and then realise they dont like it, buy a normal AEG first
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I'm going against the grain here because I'm from the school of thought that says everyone should start with a bolt action rifle.

Get a bolt action sniper rifle leave it as is and play a couple of games. From playing CoD, you'll have learned 3 vital things.

You must keep your distance.
                    You must watch you back.
                    You must be patient.

You'll also learn how to play airsoft whilst hopefully standing back a few feet. You'll learn what works, what doesn't, what the etiquette is, to take your hits and other vital things including respecting fellow players.

Whilst you could get an AEG and run around like a headless chicken, it's likely you'll end up getting the gun broken, making a few blokes angry and generally jumping in at the deep end. That's the beauty of sniping, you get to stand back and observe, which is the best way to learn.

If anything, I think new payers should be restricted to semi-automatic. I've seen heaps of people with no self control or judgement mindlessly slinging half a mag blind round a corner. Then again, it's airsoft, you should really expect people to be shooting at you.

Comment

you must watch your back . haha i like it

but if there are players like me aribos and bitchtits at your site best watch out for bein stealth killed

Comment

Originally posted by bitchtits View Post
                        dont realy see the point to this thread.
                        But i have no objective to someone starting as a sniper,90% of people that do/try it dont last or arent that good at it.
                        its there cash to waste, ive seen so may over the years come and go within weeks of starting and waiste there cash doing so.

what i have a problem with is

new player picking up a rifle they cant control or dont know how to use properly.(500fps being the real worrie)

new players demanding to run 500fps when they havnt even used the gun stock(or buying ACM that are 500fps out the box)

new players that cant judge distance

and the one that will most doutedly get the most critisism

players under 18 using 500fps rifles

this is what bothers me

sadly airsoft has changed for the worst over the last 8 or so years ive been playing.everyone is power mad now and alot of new players just seem to be total idiots
                        I am Already a Shooter, Firing .22 Rifles to .44 Revolvers travelling much faster than 500FPS. I can shoot a rifle.

Thanks to everyone who's Given Advice, I'll see if I can find an M14 in Two Tone, If its got a scope my Dad will think its a sniper and let me get it... Hopefully...

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

Originally posted by xAlanAttackx View Post
                          I'll see if I can find an M14 in Two Tone, If its got a scope my Dad will think its a sniper and let me get it... Hopefully...

You can put a scope on some pistols. So i don't think your dad will fall for that one XD

Comment

hi
                            i think that you should go to a game and hire a gun for a day and ask the snipers there what its like and use the day to get the pace of airsoft and see if you like it or not

barny

Comment

*dies*

+1 on the above thread from beechy. You'll find it alot more fun messing about with a AEG for your first few games.

On another note, a bright green rifle defeats the idea of a stealth weapon!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xAlanAttackx Find out more about xAlanAttackx
                              Working...
                              X