X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniping as a beginner

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
    You can put a scope on some pistols. So i don't think your dad will fall for that one XD
    Yeah but the M14 does look like a marksman rifle, its the same shape (ish) as the VSRs
    If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
      *dies*

+1 on the above thread from beechy. You'll find it alot more fun messing about with a AEG for your first few games.

On another note, a bright green rifle defeats the idea of a stealth weapon!
      That's where gun wraps come into the picture.
      I had my first sniping game of airsoft not that long ago:
      -as stated before... Watch your back, you're not in cod4 now; you don't have trip activated claymores now... There's always one sneaky so and so to 'kill' you if you don't :p
      -although this does not bother me... it's not as glorious/quick paced as in games... But hey it's not a computer game.
      -it's fun though, shooting someone in the back taking cover facing the other way... And then watching him look around in disbelief... What isn't so fun is when they don't take their hit... You'll get used to it, I hope I do

By no means am I trying to act like an experienced airsoft sniper; I'm not, I am just telling anyone thinking of starting out as a sniper what I learnt and that it's good, but you need patience
      Gonnae nae dae that?

Comment

If your dad won't let you get a G36 I'm assuming your under 18.
        Now correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to be 18 even to get a two tone?

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
        http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

He can't buy it, but his dad can give him one as a gift.
          sigpic

Comment

My dad will buy it but I will give him the money indirectly.

Im 13 btw annd after some heavy Persuasion (Spelling) He will let me get a JG M4A1. I wanted the JG G36c But the barrel is too short so I assume the M4 is More Accurate?

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

Not to get into the whole two tone/over 18 debate here's my opinion on the first question.

DONT GET A SNIPER RIFLE FOR YOUR FIRST IF/RIF

You wont be able to get stuck in with the action and when you're first starting out that is where you want to be because that is where the fun is.
              You can learn by doing rather than watching and if you want to hang back and take aimed shots then do it with an AEG. The G36 has a good hop unit so you'll get plenty of range out of it.

As for using less ammo, its a moot point.
              With a sniper rifle you need to use high grade heavy weight ammo at £10+ for 1000 and being new to airsoft sniping how many shots will it take you to hit your target?
              With an AEG on the other hand you can use .2s which cost about £7 for 5000 which will last you about 2-3 games, maybe even more.

If your dad doesnt like the idea of you having a "machine gun" at home tell him he can keep it out of your way while its not being used.

Finally THIS IS AIRSOFT NOT SOME SODDING VIDEO GAME.

*edit*

The JG M4 is good but the G36C is better. The slightly longer barrel makes next to no difference.
              The G36C is also harder to break

Comment

To be honest, all this doesn't really matter because as soon as your Dad has a go, realises how awesome it is, you'll be bathing in all kinds of guns...

It's addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by xAlanAttackx View Post
                  My dad will buy it but I will give him the money indirectly.

Im 13 btw annd after some heavy Persuasion (Spelling) He will let me get a JG M4A1. I wanted the JG G36c But the barrel is too short so I assume the M4 is More Accurate?
                  I have told my dad it is illegal for me to exchange money for an airsoft gun. He has agreed to buy it as a gift to me.

Comment

Originally posted by xAlanAttackx View Post
                    I have told my dad it is illegal for me to exchange money for an airsoft gun. He has agreed to buy it as a gift to me.
                    Oh I see, that old chestnut eh?

"But Dad, I can't give you the money for it, that would be illegal! You'll just have to pay for it for me "

You sly thing you :p

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
                      Oh I see, that old chestnut eh?

"But Dad, I can't give you the money for it, that would be illegal! You'll just have to pay for it for me "

You sly thing you :p
                      I know, but he likes guns. We go to a rifle and pistol club.

Comment

Meh guys let him do as he wishes same with anyone

sure starting with an aeg is advised

its their game, let them potentially waste money on a gun

if they are responsible and follow the rules and procedures of sniping then i see no problem with it

Comment

Nar I'm getting an AEG. Sounds much more fun.

Comment

my advice as all i have is snipers and nothing else

if you want to start off sniping good for you, you may love it or hate it. Although being a good shot is only a part of sniping, field craft skills are essential, theres no point being a sniper if your not good as basically sniping is shooting without being seen. im my opinion though, even though i only had snipers, go for a age. try stalking and all sniper skills with your age first too see if you do like it without taking the dive straight in. if you do like it dont worry that you've spent your money on an age, run around like a maniac getting all your fill of that, then buy a sniper and shoot the guys running about like maniacs

just remember, field craft skills and learn how to hide and you'll be first class sniper.
                            Originally posted by Teddykiller
                            I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Thanks alot, But I have a few questions...

1: I found an AEG that would be Perfecct; A JG M4 S-System. Would you reccomend?

2: I want some fancy Optics on the gun, Should I get a £35 Multi Reticule Red Dot, Replica Acog or Save up and Spend £110 on an EOtech?

3: Grenade Launchers, Just Shotguns but nontheless theyre Epic. Any Reccomendations?

Thanks Alot

Comment

[QUOTE=sadly airsoft has changed for the worst over the last 8 or so years ive been playing.everyone is power mad now and alot of new players just seem to be total idiots[/QUOTE]
                                I agree with you hear everyone these day are trying hurt each other more than just having fun and playing the game.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xAlanAttackx Find out more about xAlanAttackx
                                Working...
                                X