Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB weaponry

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of putting together a close quarters setup, to give me a bit of a wider choice of sites and games I can attend. I was looking for some suggestions and advice about what weaponry would be suitable and viable. Ultimately I know it's my choice, but any words of wisdom or past experience would be appreciated.

To give you an idea, the kit I've got is a black (black helmet, vest, leg panels etc) along with city urban camouflage. I've been looking at a couple of things;

Firstly I've been looking at a TM P90. With it being short I figured this would be ideal, and I do quite like the look of them and think it would compliment the overall look quite nicely. However I've heard there are issues with magazines, feeding in particular.

Then there was the TM SPAS 12. I love the look of the gun. It looks mean and aggressive, and I think it'd look great slung on my back. I get the impression that it's overall size, general firepower and again magazine issues (fiddly, awkward to source shells) might be a bit of a hindrance, and I can't help but think that I'd spend most of the time with a sidearm in my hand.

I also took a look at the RONI Pistol to rifle conversion for Glocks. I like the look of it, I like the idea idea, it's unusual and since it's essentially a pistol with a body attached to it, it's not a one trick pony. I've not seen much on these on forums. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'd imagine the main consideration performance wise is that of the Glock stuck in it, rather than the body kit (for lack of a better term)?

I'm not a particular fan of the stubby weapons, such as stubby M4s. I cant help but think that they don't look quite right, like a de-clawed cat or something.

As always your advice and time is appreciated.

Re: CQB weaponry

If you like Glock conversion kits, look at the Magpul FPG. One of the most unique guns out there.. Watch a video on youtube of it and you'll see what I mean . Linky:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5610

Comment

get the TM p90

Comment

If you are taking a shotgun, get one you will use, rather than having it as it "Will look great slung across your back!"
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I took our new GBB Mp7 out as a sniper back up on saturday and have to say it is awesome . would be perfect for CQB

Comment

TM P90.

/thread
            Originally posted by The Laughing Man

the guy literally cacked himself. literally.

but not literally.

Comment

After running a P90 (well several) myself I'm not a massive fan. Firstly they lack that realistic sturdiness! For CQB you want a fairly light set up, carrying big long P90 mags is not idea either.

Really anything that is short should do you fine, as the main concern is getting around corners quick, without a load of barrel giving you away.

Other short weapons that are worth a look...

- Any sliding stock MP5
              - G36c
              - AK74u

I did buy an M4 stubby for CQB, which is great. With the sound hog, has a bit of the scare factor. I actually use the M4 Sentry though, seems to suit me well enough. It's pretty much full sized, but has a short front for getting about.

Comment

i have a hera arms glock kit,and its awsome,unfortunately its an 18c and its stuck on full auto,and the sites i go to is semi auto only..

with CQB i seem to get more kills with my Glock 26c, with extended mag

as for aegs can i suggest UMP, MP5, MP5k, KAC PDW, AK74SU, AKMS,Spetsnaz Krinkov
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Agh can't keep up! Thanks for all the rapid feedback!

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                  If you like Glock conversion kits, look at the Magpul FPG. One of the most unique guns out there.. Watch a video on youtube of it and you'll see what I mean . Linky:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5610
                  I wasn't too sure about them, but after looking at a couple of videos on YouTube it does look quite smart and effective actually. The only downside I can think of to that is that it'll be pricey. There's the kit, the donor parts / gun and then it'd have to be several extended magazines too. It's definitely a contender though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  If you are taking a shotgun, get one you will use, rather than having it as it "Will look great slung across your back!"
                  Yeah that's a good point. I think I had a bit of a brain fart when I typed that. I know what I mean though! :P

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                  I took our new GBB Mp7 out as a sniper back up on saturday and have to say it is awesome . would be perfect for CQB
                  I'll have a look further into that. I do like the idea of something that's versatile, as it'd be more cost effective and get a lot more use. I do quite like the looks too. It looks like a pistol on a high protein diet or something. Beefy!

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                  After running a P90 (well several) myself I'm not a massive fan. Firstly they lack that realistic sturdiness! For CQB you want a fairly light set up, carrying big long P90 mags is not idea either.

Really anything that is short should do you fine, as the main concern is getting around corners quick, without a load of barrel giving you away.

Other short weapons that are worth a look...

- Any sliding stock MP5
                  - G36c
                  - AK74u

I did buy an M4 stubby for CQB, which is great. With the sound hog, has a bit of the scare factor. I actually use the M4 Sentry though, seems to suit me well enough. It's pretty much full sized, but has a short front for getting about.
                  Not being particularly sturdy is a bit of a worry. I'm guessing they're plastics? The long magazine's aren't too big a problem. I bought a P90 pouch a while ago, and it turns out we have a TV remote pretty much the same size. Being 6'3" I can fit them nicely down my thigh on a leg panel without them intruding. I could get four per leg if needed.

I've got a G36c (somewhat broke and poorly) and while it served me well I'm not a huge fan of it. The MP5s I had looked at, but that's actually longer than a folded G36c. Not sure about the AK74u, but I'll look into that.

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  i have a hera arms glock kit,and its awsome,unfortunately its an 18c and its stuck on full auto,and the sites i go to is semi auto only..

with CQB i seem to get more kills with my Glock 26c, with extended mag

as for aegs can i suggest UMP, MP5, MP5k, KAC PDW, AK74SU, AKMS,Spetsnaz Krinkov
                  I'd certainly want to get something that was capable of semi *smirk* but at least the feeling awesomeness is a a good sign, at least of the concept of a converted Glock. As for the others you've listed, the MP5k I'd forgotten about to be honest. I'll will do some reasearch...

Comment

I had a TM P90 (one of Jag's)

though its a very nice bit of kit... the mags are very big... and hard to store..

personally I couldt get on it the red dot sight on it... had to get to low down to see through it!!

personally id got a m4 stubby think or a HK416(stubby)

Mp5 are nice, but I dont like the mags....

a MP7 would be superb, but outside of CQB, it doesnt stand up so well
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                      I had a TM P90 (one of Jag's)

a MP7 would be superb, but outside of CQB, it doesnt stand up so well
                      Lol , I thought that until I took ours out on saturday . it chronoed 320 fps with 0.20g BB and yet with 0.25g it was reaching the exact same distance as my 420 fps sniper rifle was (sniper rifle was shooting with 0.30g though)

Very accurate too as a single shot took out one of my mates from the top of a hill and I was outside of his range (using a scar L @ 330 fps) which although it was downhill just goes to show it's straight line accuracy

Comment

My votes go to:

-MP7
                        -MP5K
                        -AK74SU
                        -P90
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

There seems to be a lot of love for the MP7! I'm assuming you guys are talking about this one?

I've just done some maths and I think the RONI Glock kit would probably be a more viable option than the Magpul FPG.

Ballpark figures, the RONI system including the gun (including standard magazine) and three additional extended magazines would set me back £345ish. This doubles as a pistol and an SMG-esque platform and it can be swapped between the two easily. The main problem is finding somewhere that has them in stock.

It's around £435 for the Magpul FPG for the kit, the gun to cannibalise and two more extended magazines to make it up to three. This can only be used as an SMG type platform, unless I want to mess about changing parts all the time. Admittedly I could buy the required parts to keep the costs down a bit. Weirdly, a full system from Zero One including the full pistol comes to £400 alone at the moment, and would cost £500ish to bring it up to three extended magazines!

Comment

That's the one mate , only differance is mine is the KSC Japan version which has a lower fps out of the box and needed a stronger nozzle to support green gas/ propane use

Comment

the hera arms kit plus the kwa/ksc glock 18c plus 3 50 round mags costs about £300, you can buy 2nd hand and get the cost down to £200

Last edited by sparrowhawk; 20 June, 2011, 21:26.
                              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
                              Working...
                              X