Clear All

Re: what m14

dont discount G&G....check out the reviews
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Discount G&G, the bolt only goes halfway back.

The TM hop up is also better and at 330 FPS any difference in gearbox is unnoticeable.

Comment

TM obviously is going to be fantastic, providing everything we expect them to e.g. great range and reliability however there's not that much difference (considering the price difference) from a CYMA which is a 100% clone of the TM the build quality on both is fantastic, the AGM is pot metal and not going to be as reliable as either the TM or the CYMA. I'd go with CYMA. G&G are great but again expensive and picky about mags.
        "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
        Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

i have a G&G M14 and i love it. straight out of the box its was a bloody good gun. When you put a prommy 6.03 and you have to back off the spring ecause it likes to shoot at 400 fps or so the grouping and range is brilliant.

Dont get me wrong the TM's are the best but you really shouldnt count out the G&G. My gearbox has roller bearings standard. The mags are fine, Yes you can only use g&G or CA but tbh you'll only need a few HI's and your good to go.

I love the gun, so i just thought i put a good word in for G&G

Comment

I seriously don't get why you'd buy a G&G, no offence to anyone who has but why buy second best at pretty much the same price?

Comment

Ive heard nothing but bad reviews about the G&G M14 series, aparantly theyre very lackluster for the price you pay.

Also:

Originally posted by spencer627 View Post
              The mags are fine, Yes you can only use g&G or CA but tbh you'll only need a few HI's and your good to go.
              M14...

... Hicaps?

Comment

well they are not far off an TM for about 230 ish. not much needs to be done to get them as good as or better. A fewdifferent features on them is nice and in general its a lovly gun. A TM is what like £350 or above? so i save like £120 on it to begin with. With a TM you probaly get a Midcap and would have to go out and buy alod more mags which puts the total close to £400. this is all before you even begin to upgrade (not that you really need to) so the price gap is big.

For the price and the quality of the G&G would would you not buy one? ive not had a single problem with my one and its a real good gun.

And if you are going to say well you can buy a TM second hand from the forum for close to £300 with a few bits well yeah but its secondhand not new.

Comment

Originally posted by spencer627 View Post
                  well they are not far off an TM for about 230 ish. not much needs to be done to get them as good as or better. A fewdifferent features on them is nice and in general its a lovly gun. A TM is what like £350 or above? so i save like £120 on it to begin with. With a TM you probaly get a Midcap and would have to go out and buy alod more mags which puts the total close to £400. this is all before you even begin to upgrade (not that you really need to) so the price gap is big.

For the price and the quality of the G&G would would you not buy one? ive not had a single problem with my one and its a real good gun.

And if you are going to say well you can buy a TM second hand from the forum for close to £300 with a few bits well yeah but its secondhand not new.

Different features? Like what? You dont need to upgrade a TM M14, at all. Also 1 or 2 midcaps should be more than enough for an M14, if you need more than 300 rounds for it, youre doing something very wrong... for the love of god please dont tell me you use the M14 on full auto?

Comment

This whole thread.

Edit.

From the only retailer, ever:

TM M14: £360ish.
                    G&G M14: £320.

I'd rather pay the extra £40 and not be a hicap hero.

Comment

tm fits

Comment

The g&g is excellent.

Personally the g&g has better build quality than the tm

I think it's time that people moved away from tm is the best. Never seen a tm m14 outranged my g&g m14 (untill I broke it)
                        It comes with a better upgraded gearbox. A good tb barrel. Mags aren't expensive.
                        Only downside I can think of is it's less popular therefore spares are a bit difficult to find. Hwever if it don't break you don't have a problem!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                          From the only retailer, ever:

TM M14: £360ish.
                          G&G M14: £320.

I'd rather pay the extra £40 and not be a hicap hero.
                          Not really a valid comparison when that version of the G&G has a solid wood stock that would cost around £100 to put on the TM.

Not to mention, if you shop around in the UK, you can get the Veteran version which also has the wood stock but also has a fully upgraded 'box, high torque for quick response and fires at about 420 as standard. All in, this one costs about the same as the one Z1 are selling if you pick the right retailer.

I've got one and the range is no problems at all, easily hitting the tree I'm after at the bottom of the GZW range. I've got a Black Python TB on it's way and a harder rubber to finish it off. If all else fails, I'm told the hop is compatible with the TM Aug unit, not that I see the need to change it.
                          sigpic

Comment

i have a tm m14, all i have done is ripped of the fire selector and put in a 400 fps systema spring (yes i really did just get it over otheres because of the box and name :P)

cant fault it, and standard parts seems to be ok with the fps, silly high range though, my garden is huge, ill give you how far the following guns went, G&G f2k 10m short of bottom next to the systema hk416, everything else just over half way, and the wa2k 2 metres short of end, m14 go's out the end of garden and hits the factory 10m behind out house. with a big metal clang, rather nice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

daniel murphy started playing airsoft a year ago. got hooked. now im one of my teams sniper Find out more about daniel murphy
                            Working...
                            X