G&G GR4 G26 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR4 G26 Questions

I have just bought a GR4 G26 but couldnt find any info on which batteries to buy for the gun. I beleive there are two seperate sets required for the main power and also the laser/flash additions. Also, any paarticular charger I need or can I just buy any?

I bough th erifle from zero ones online shop and it comes while it says its compatible with all M4 magazines, are there any in particular that work well with the G26? I couldnt find any that look the same as the one that comes standard with the rifle.

Please help.

Re: G&G GR4 G26 Questions

a lot of these questions may be hard to answer as the gun is very new. The handgaurd looks like it should take any mini shaped batteries though.

the magwell will no doubt be an ordinary m4 one so most mags should be fine.

ringing zero one would be your best bet tbh
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I presume it's wired to the front and the battery goes in the handguard? I'd suggest a 7.4v 1200Mah lipo, which'll need a lipo specific charger. For the battery you should be fine with any brand aslong as its not a cheap chinese one. For the charger i'd go for the Turnigy Accucel 6 or any of its clones, easy to use and balances the voltages in the cells.

And don't believe all the scare stories about lipos, aslong as you don't do anything stupid with them and follow the correct charging procedures they're completly safe.

Comment

if it has the usual m4 handguard space you can go a lot bigger than 1200mah. You can easily fit an 1800mah lipo in there
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I've only ever used the stock tube lipos, good to hear you can fit a bigger one in the handguard.

Comment

thanks guys, got off the phone with Zero One, they suggest a 8.4 volt 1500 M Nickel battery, comes for ~£23 a pop. - Does that sound right?

These are shaped a bit differently to fit the G26. There is also a smaller batery arrangement for the laser/led flashlight that comes integrated in the rifle.

As for magazines, any M4 will fit as per zero one...

Comment

that sounds like a typical mini battery. Would think any mini shaped battery will fit

Comment

I have one of these mate and i use the 9.6v 1600mah crane stock type battery which is awesome.

Comment

£23! I get mine from a well know battery supplier, VAP batteries and a lot cheaper as well. Now when it comes to magazines, you can go for classic army ( metal ), MAG ( plastic ), or Magpull ( a bit like the one that came with your gun ). I wouldn't use lipos just yet, get used to the gun first then start upgrading if you so wish.
                  Originally posted by Tiercel
                  The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUNISHER View Post
                    I have one of these mate and i use the 9.6v 1600mah crane stock type battery which is awesome.
                    Does the top rail allow for a sight to be added, like a red dot or magnifyer?

Comment

I have one and cant fit my crane stock batteries in the hand guard.
                      I have a couple of 1000mah lipos which fit nicely, the torch and laser use cr123a batteries.
                      The battery compartment for the laser and torch are in the hand guard which reduces battery space. anything bigger than 90x45x22 and you will struggle.
                      The gun happily accepts any m4 mag, and any optics can be mounted on the top rail.

Hope this helps

Comment

Must add that the torch is very low powered and not very usefull, the laser is, well a laser and is ok.
                        The rifle itself is top notch and i cant fault it.
                        I can source gmags, they are £26 each and only hi caps are available atm, if you want something similar in looks in a mid cap look at pmags

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          I wouldn't use lipos just yet, get used to the gun first then start upgrading if you so wish.
                          You don't need any upgrades for the gun to take a 7.4 lipo. Lipo is better than NiMh and NiCd in every respect. Buying an outdated battery type now will just mean you'll have to pay out again later.

Comment

Originally posted by Trogg View Post
                            Must add that the torch is very low powered and not very usefull, the laser is, well a laser and is ok.
                            The rifle itself is top notch and i cant fault it.
                            I can source gmags, they are £26 each and only hi caps are available atm, if you want something similar in looks in a mid cap look at pmags
                            pmags I am guessing wont require any winding... even the 30/75/150 rounds ones? There are some 10 box sets available £5 a mag... are those any good or should I stick to metal mags?

Comment

no winding on a pmag, if you can afford 85 or 130rd mags they are the way forward

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ggujral Find out more about ggujral
                              Working...
                              X