Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&G GR4 G26 Questions

Originally posted by plainlazy44 View Post
    You don't need any upgrades for the gun to take a 7.4 lipo. Lipo is better than NiMh and NiCd in every respect. Buying an outdated battery type now will just mean you'll have to pay out again later.

I do know, but it may be best to start out on NiMh first. But to change from a normal battery to a better one, is still kind of an upgrade
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Whats the rate of fire like on the g26? Ive seen a video and it was at 11rps with an 11.1v... kinda worrying

Comment

I used the rifle last weekend at GZU and it was great... Using 8.4 Ni batteries and I could only the gun on semi not full auto due to site rules...

I could tell you how fast it fires on full auto but dont have any tools to do that and dont wanna risk emptying a full mag out in my communal neighbourhood!!

Im using magpul emags with excel bb's and they load every bb perfectly.

Celaning the gun is a bit of a pain, as to get to teh internals, the battery wires get disconnected from the electicals and its a nighmare trying to squeaze the wires back into the handguard. The laser is a neat little piece but is so delicate that I broke within the first few hours.... have had to glue it back with superglue.

I cant even get to the torch battery compartment but as I have heard its a pittance, I havent really bothered. The handguard is toughened plastic so its difficult to put a sling on as the I dont want to risk breaking the handguard with the weight on the sling.

But on balance, loving the new gun... its quite fun actually...

Comment

Hmmm, I've only taken apart a gun before to clean the barrel, is it difficult to get it out?

And the fact that you're worried about putting a sling on it in case it breaks has suddenly put me off the gun If the gun cant take its own weight on a sling i dread what would happen if I dropped it or something!

Comment

As I am also interested in getting one does it have ebb?

Comment

It has a pneumatic blow back system

Comment

Ahh.. okay thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis9 View Post
                  Hmmm, I've only taken apart a gun before to clean the barrel, is it difficult to get it out?

And the fact that you're worried about putting a sling on it in case it breaks has suddenly put me off the gun If the gun cant take its own weight on a sling i dread what would happen if I dropped it or something!
                  TBH, to attach d sling upfront u will need a sling adaptor which I don't have so my sling was useless. The hanguard is plastic n the holes to attach an adaptor are thru the plastic. It looks like it will take weight but I don't want to risk it. As for dropping it, the risk is the same as any other age with a plastic hand guard. Taking the gun apart isn't difficult, it's the putting back that is!! Largely due to the electric wires snapping off and being a pain to sqeaze back into the hand guard from the magwell as there is very little space under the barrel. The gun is a lot of fun, can't fault it though. Plus it's cheap and with a scope it looks damn nice.

Comment

Well ive took the leap of faith and just bought one so i hope you're right xD

Comment

I got one. Anyone know how to adjust the laser? Mine is pointing low right. There is 3 tiny allen/hex bolts on the front of the laser unit do i need to zero it in via the bolts?
                      My smallest allen key is 1.5mm and this is too big! perhaps 0.5mm would be the right size??

Comment

My friend has one of these, perhaps I can help with a few points:

Blow-back mechanism - Absolute waste of time and space. Pointless gimmick which they use as an excuse to crank prices up by £15-25 or so. It can be disabled, and frankly you should do so. The main problem is that accuracy on full-auto is terrible because the pnematic blow-back system diverts different capacities of air away on each shot.
                        Battery - Upto to a 7.4v 2400mAh LiPo or upto a 7.4v 3200 mAh Lipo with some of the naff flashlight internal gubbins removed (and don't worry, these can be replaced).
                        Sling - Absolutely fine, the polymer involved means it will happily swing around on a sling all day just fine.
                        Disassembly - Certainly more difficult than most M4 variants, but not impossible.
                        Laser - I believe the laser adjustment grub screws are actually 1.0mm, which is not too hard a size to find.

Comment

@kenworth thanks for the info.

Comment

FYI 1mm hex key is too big to adjust the laser. You will need something smaller.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ggujral Find out more about ggujral
                            Working...
                            X