Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A&K or MAGPUL PTS MASADA?? Which is better for the money??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A&K or MAGPUL PTS MASADA?? Which is better for the money??

Why is it a similar look alike? (Maybe that should be "how"?)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

As I stated earlier, it's a different model than the PTS. For example the charging handle is further forward and the gas block is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
        Gearbox overhaul would be the one.

Madbull Hop unit? What are you on about?
        Agreed!

Mnot just the unit, but the unit, rubber and barrel combo. Ive heard the range on the PTS is fantastic, but not on the A&K

Comment

Originally posted by reb View Post
          As I stated earlier, it's a different model than the PTS. For example the charging handle is further forward and the gas block is different.
          Really? Perhaps that's because A&K made a model of the Masada, whilst the PTS is a model of the ACR...?

So Remington vs Magpul (isn't it)... That's why there's differences.

Madbull don't make a hop unit for the A&K Masada.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Really? Perhaps that's because A&K made a model of the Masada, whilst the PTS is a model of the ACR...?

So Remington vs Magpul (isn't it)... That's why there's differences.

Madbull don't make a hop unit for the A&K Masada.
            AH is it not your standard version 2 hop unit? Is it not a version 2 gearbox either?

Comment

Which is exactly what I said earlier.

No ben, it's a funny sliding hop unit. Not the best design in the world.

Comment

Doh. Sorry.

Yeah - the only differences that I know so far are the Hop Unit and the Air Seal Nozzle. It's a V2 box and everything else is compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by reb View Post
                  Which is exactly what I said earlier.

No ben, it's a funny sliding hop unit. Not the best design in the world.
                  Ah. Similar to an AK/MP5 hop unit then?

Comment

Its useless. Unless you put two dabs of glue on each side you can actually slide the "slider" (for lack of a better word) off of the hop unit, which is brilliant in game.... Not. Other than that though I've found its pretty damn solid and works well. I'd give it 8-9/10.

Comment

See, I've never ever had a problem with my hop unit since I bought it brand new... It's never slid off the front when on full. Mind you, I don't know whether it's anything to do with the fact mine is the trademarked version.

Ben, it's a Unique hop unit.

Comment

Ben, it's a Unique hop unit.
                        It's definitely special!

Mines come off twice. Though once you have it set, just leave it alone, or just take your time when adjusting it.

Comment

Had both at the same time at one point. Would go with the Magpul PTS ACR, not the A&K.

Both use a proprietary hop unit, but the one in the A&K sucks the fat one, where as the one in the PTS one is only a bit lacklustre (not much adjustment).

You get the folding stock on the A&K, but god help you if you break anything, as you won't get spares easily. Anything breaks on the PTS and you can be back in the game in no time.

Everything on the PTS is finished to a higher standard, and the externals are awesome. He plastic on the A&K doesn't feel as good. Plus the mouldings/machining is lacking lots of detail in comparison to the PTS.

Comment

the range on mine is awesome and flies very straight there is an upgraded aluminum hop unit i think its made the difference in mine getting spares is a pain tho the abi safty broke and i cant get a new one

Comment

Yes you can. Google SSG Selector. It should work.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

supercrimp Airsoft, male Find out more about supercrimp
                              Working...
                              X