Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sending a RIF

Originally posted by Cam the Airsofter View Post
    The place I need to send it to is in wales.... Will it be flown?
    Doubtful Cam. Do it and be damned, that's what I'd do.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Being damned dosn't sound fun So shall I send it as it is?

Comment

I send my stuff by paisley fright
        11.99 for upto 20kg
        Bargain in my book and its next day city link.
        This is my rifle, this is my gun.
        This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

Its just that I need to get it from Hampshire to Wales!

Comment

Just adding two penneth worth

RM SD for a pistol should be no more than £10 inc insurance upto and and above the value of the items. Box and pad the item well and wrap the whole thing in a bin bag before taping up with lots of parcel tape.

TBH if you're not willing to spend that amount on ensuring a smooth trade you probably shouldn't be trading here.

If it's a Two tone then no need to include any extra docs. If its a RIF then I feel it's prudent to print something just in case the parcel is opened.

Heres my wording to give further idea.

This Realistic imitation firearm (RIF) has been traded via the country's premier airsoft players forum.

www.zeroin.co.uk

both the sender and recipient are registered airsoft skirmishers whose defence against the vcrb can be verified by means of checking membership of airsoft game sites.

This RIF cannot exceed 1 joule muzzle energy.

Be assured that no parts contained within this package are capable of use on or could ever be converted for use on real firearms.

Thank you.

Sender P**** A***** ukara *******
            Recipient A**** P***** ukara *******

http://www.ukara.org.uk/

Don't vent the mags seems to be the most sensible idea, after all your package is fully insured

HTH

Puggy

Comment

is it bad that I once stuck a rif in a cab as I was getting it back to a mate who needed it for the next day after repairing it and it was really really late and there was no way I was going to his and coming back.

So I just boxed it up and black bag and taped it and stuck it in a cab.

I bet the guy wondered why he got tipped on both ends lol
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Puggy - a few things...

Firstly, nobody needs to be registered of any sort to be able to sell RIF's, neither do they need anything to send them. So that bit is a bit void really.
                Secondly, about the RIF exceeding 1 joule muzzle energy. Well many of mine do, so what are you referencing? It's not illegal to sell or send airsoft guns with 2 joules of energy.
                Thirdly, I honestly don't believe any note is required.

If the package is going to be checked, and that's a big if, then regardless of any note, the checker is simply going to report that to the police. How do they then know it's real or not? Because a (possibly) hand written note says so? It would need to be checked over by the police, if this is the case, so the note would be a waste of time.

I've sent more than 30 guns over the past 2 years and not ran into any problems... and I've never included any notes at all.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Hoorah!

Common sense applied. Just wrap it up, without venting the mags and send the bloody thing!!

Post it and await your part of the trade.

End of.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                    Firstly, nobody needs to be registered of any sort to be able to sell RIF's, neither do they need anything to send them. So that bit is a bit void really.
                    Secondly, about the RIF exceeding 1 joule muzzle energy. Well many of mine do, so what are you referencing? It's not illegal to sell or send airsoft guns with 2 joules of energy.
                    Thirdly, I honestly don't believe any note is required.
                    Ofc all those points are completely valid, I merely said I found it prudent to include a note, which is directed at people who have never heard of Airsoft or fully understand the vcrb bill. I'd rather the underpaid night staff at RM sorting centre called their supervisor than 999

Anyway, was only hoping to offer the OP some useful advice and reassurance that many of us trade and sell via these forums with no undue distress.

Feel free to delete my post if it's misleading

Regards

Puggy

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy View Post
                      I'd rather the underpaid night staff at RM sorting centre called their supervisor than 999
                      They will call the police regardless. All suspected firearms are inspected by a firearms trained police officer.

The recipient will probably also get a visit to make sure everything is legit.

RM don't fly parcels on this route.

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      lets get something straight, if the mag being empty for a couple of days killed your seals then the likelihood is they were pretty much fecked already & you have failed to properly maintain your mags in the first place.

A PROPERLY MAINTAINED MAG WILL EASILY SURVIVE A WEEK WITH NO GAS, IF IT DOESN'T..........WELL, YOU WORK IT OUT.
                      Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      everyones entitled to an opinion & im just sharing my experience that enables to formulate mine
                      Doesn't sound like a mere opinion to me, more like a comment that I'm a tw*t that doesn't know how to maintain my kit! Opinion, yes; attack, no thanks.
                      Last edited by Caveira; 18 July, 2011, 11:20.
                      sigpic

Comment

sorry if you felt i was making a personal attack, i wasn't, if i thought somebody was a twat i'd probably tell 'em via pm, i have done before BUT im not in to humiliating someone on a public forum, whether their a noob or a mod, i'd like to think my people skills are better than that.

as for yours or anybody else's posts on this thread, to be honest i paid no attention as to who posted what, the only time i'd bother to even look at who's who is if they have a dig at me, as the first person to reply on this i did so giving what i felt was reasonable advice based upon my personal experiences, generally i give people the benefit of the doubt with regards to how they look after their kit, usually assuming they carry out basic rudimentary maintainence to ensure the life of their kit as i do, whether thats seals/batts/or anything else, all too often i've had alledged "pristine" kit turn up knackered, yet i still remain an optomist & believe most airsofters are good guys.

final advice to CAM, send the kit, use some common sense when packaging it, dont make it look suspicious to the security concsious or inviting to potential thieves, & hopefully this thread can be put to bed finally..........mark
                        Last edited by tackle; 18 July, 2011, 20:42. Reason: mistake

Comment

TBH guys I sent it this morning. In its case with a phone number incase the sh*t hits the fan. case coved in bubble rap and brown paper sent to wales for £9.60 with tracking. Were you really arguing over it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cam the Airsofter View Post
                            TBH guys I sent it this morning. In its case with a phone number incase the sh*t hits the fan. case coved in bubble rap and brown paper sent to wales for £9.60 with tracking. Were you really arguing over it?
                            Oi!

You started it all!

Only serious. Enjoy your new toy you receive in trade.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cam the Airsofter Find out more about Cam the Airsofter
                            Working...
                            X