Kit for a whole day skirmish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kit for a whole day skirmish

i go gzw every fortnight all i carry in the field is my slr and 2x120 mags and i might refill once but yes get a good pair of boots and watch the loose stuff on the steep hills

Comment

I think I might not buy 10 KA midcaps but 5, and then carry a bottle of blasters and a water bottle in another pouch
      is that still enough ammo?
      sigpic

Comment

Dont forget a roll of Andrex LOL - Worth its weight in gold at my local site (The loos comprise of a shovel and leaves otherwise)

I also agree with Major - Take a good quantity of water as you will find yourself gasping for a drink or twenty. Especially with the load out you are taking :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
          I think I might not buy 10 KA midcaps but 5, and then carry a bottle of blasters and a water bottle in another pouch
          yeah should be plenty unless u like shooting leaves lol
          look me up
          ill see u there

Comment

Is there a chance to relax and reload at GZW?
            Last edited by Jelliffe99; 18 July, 2011, 21:05. Reason: My great spelling ability...:/
            sigpic

Comment

I think I might not buy 10 KA midcaps but 5, and the carry a bottle of blasters and a water bottle in another pouch

that sounds like a good balance to fair, as between games or even in game there will always be time to reload your mags, but like mentioned hydration is essential and speedloader for them mid caps
              have fun!
              Last edited by nyal; 18 July, 2011, 21:02. Reason: messed up copy & paste

Comment

Oh okay thanks for all your help
                sigpic

Comment

you really dont want to carry a bottle off bbs round with you, unless you like the sound of , chch chch chch chch chch with every step you take as the bbs rattle around in there, otherwise why bother with mids?

two batteries should be fine, dont know if they do battery charging for customers there but I would have thought so, youve got more than enough ammo, i mean, shed loads of ammo, enough ammo for a bleedin support gun
                  and like the post above yours says theres time between games, id be looking as a new player to be carrying less than 1200 bbs and then as you get better at the game this will get reduced down to levels of around 200-300 per 1 hour match or less
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                  airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
                    you really dont want to carry a bottle off bbs round with you, unless you like the sound of , chch chch chch chch chch with every step you take as the bbs rattle around in there, otherwise why bother with mids?

two batteries should be fine, dont know if they do battery charging for customers there but I would have thought so, youve got more than enough ammo, i mean, shed loads of ammo, enough ammo for a bleedin support gun
                    and like the post above yours says theres time between games, id be looking as a new player to be carrying less than 1200 bbs and then as you get better at the game this will get reduced down to levels of around 200-300 per 1 hour match or less
                    gz is all day action so he will need 3000+ ammo on him for all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
                      Is there a chance to relax and reload at GZW?
                      Clearly new to gzw

Gzw is non stop all day action! However, you stop when you want, reload when you want, grab something to eat when you want...
                      It's just a walk to the car park or dead zone away
                      Signature Removed

Comment

that sounds great, but do most players leave the action at lunch time and then rejoin later?
                        sigpic

Comment

I did my first GZW at the weekend, and from my limited experience there are some things you cannot do without.

1) Decent pair of boots. Will stop you from hurting yourself and you can go stomping through puddles if you need to.

2) Face protection. I used ballistic glasses, as do many, but getting hit about 5 times in the face has made me lean towards full face protection which I am now looking down for the next game. This is naturally your prerogative but glasses are the bare minimum.

3) You will only need a few mags. Sounds to me like your starting a small war . I went the whole day with 1 high cap (yes, i was the one that sounded like a packet of tic tacs) and a speedloader. However, a couple of mid-caps should serve you well, unless you like to rinse brushland with bb's

4) Something waterproof is not essential, but it will help (I did dry out eventually).

5) Obviously make sure you are fully charged etc the night before.

6) The food is brilliant from the van (1/2 pounder with cheese and bacon FTW), but some snack bars will serve you well, as will some hydration through the day. Whilst some have hyrdo packs with them on the game field, you can just walk back to your car/whatever and pick up a drink. Just don't get dehydrated.

Above all, enjoy it. It's a absolute riot.

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                          Working...
                          X